• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doom o'clock

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doom o'clock

Economy shrinking faster than thought:

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle5985498.ece

Consumer expenditure was down 1 per cent during the period but government expenditure rose by 1.3 per cent and at the end of last year was 4.4 per cent higher than the same period in 2007.

to quote Daniel Hannan:

"You can't spend your way out of recession, you can't borrow your way out of debt"
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Budget is going to be SOOOO Bad, i'm more than a bit scared.

I think 10% structural deficit will seem good compared to what we may actually see by April 2010!

Comment

Originally posted by Solidec View Post
      Budget is going to be SOOOO Bad, i'm more than a bit scared.

I think 10% structural deficit will seem good compared to what we may actually see by April 2010!
      Not so sure - this is NuLab's last throw of the dice before the election and they do still seem to have their head in the sand about the consequences of all that borrowing. My expectations are that there won't be too much difference to the pre budget report, and that we will be greased up and bent over by whoever is in power for the next one.
      "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
      X