• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thanks Barclays!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Barclays!

Yep Im smug yet again! WHen they crashed I did say I bought and recommended but I walked it as well.

Bought Barclays at 51p now Sold @ 149.5 you can say it was a risk as it was my tax money that went into it but I could have afforded the loss.

I am happy!

Very big gamble but it paid off! Was going to keep them longer term but I expect them to make a trade for debt MAYBE in the coming 6 months.

Now just waitin on BP.

I have a fixed grin on my face!

Means I can pay off a large chunk of that bastard Mortgage now!

Thanks Barclays!

Mebbe a bit premature? Their iShares sale is still to go through, further strengthening their Tier 1.

Also they will be tapping into the governments asset insurance policy too before 31st March.

I expect the shares to hit close to 200 by early April!

Comment

Nice work, and congrats on taking your money off the table and not being too greedy!

He who dares Rodders! He who dares....
      The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

I wish I hadn't sold at 90p now, hindsight is a wonderfull thing.
        Still other opportunities are taking off
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I am just gutted I didnt have my Hargreaves Lansdown account setup in time to buy at 5Xp

Was on the tips on this site that I started dabbling in shares and my portfolio is only slightly up atm, though I only have £800 invested. If I can make £100 after selling charges I will close out and wait for the next FTSE mini-crash!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            Greedy bastard!
            The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by Solidec View Post
              Mebbe a bit premature? Their iShares sale is still to go through, further strengthening their Tier 1.

Also they will be tapping into the governments asset insurance policy too before 31st March.

I expect the shares to hit close to 200 by early April!
              I couldnt take the risk

I bought shares [which i dont often do] and also have an open Long on them for end 2009 spread. The spread I have running at now £40 a point.

Shares was too much of a risk as I put in a fair chunk but Ive walked away with 90k profit in as little as 4 odd months.

As a thank you present to myself I bought a Schumacher Nitro car that tops 80 MPH on Nitro - obv I use my son as an excuse to buy it!

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
                I couldnt take the risk

I bought shares [which i dont often do] and also have an open Long on them for end 2009 spread. The spread I have running at now £40 a point.

Shares was too much of a risk as I put in a fair chunk but Ive walked away with 90k profit in as little as 4 odd months.

As a thank you present to myself I bought a Schumacher Nitro car that tops 80 MPH on Nitro - obv I use my son as an excuse to buy it!
                CHRIST ALMIGHTY, 80K!!!!!

Well done that man.

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
                  I don't know if it is an age thing, but most toys nowadays seem wasted on kids. Dontcha think?
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    keep an eye on BP and BT

BT are doing so tulipe that there price is crazy low - but they also have a decent balance sheet. M&S are an odd one - sound company in terms of reputation - it is just screaming TAKEOVER in the coming year Id say.

Oil is another one I am in on for a spread but thats a long term commitement. If that pays off Ill hopefully be in profit for another 96k odd and the bigger grin will be its tax free as its a spread. Nearly wet my pants the other day as another new player on the market allows you to actually interlink spreads with each other [like a hedge if you like] and one of the ones I was playing about with - IF CAME THROUGH - would bring me in near enough £415k!! TAX FREE I didnt do it though - high return higher risk. I aint greedy.

Comment

Working...
                    X