• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Those working in the city and the protests

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those working in the city and the protests

Are you sheeting your pants over next week?
    As someone pointed out last night, companies insisting workers must attend could face a corporate manslaughter suit if someone is killed or injured as a result of the protests.
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Most will work from home, innit?

The crusties will turn up, find most buildings sealed off and the place deserted, apart from the riot police waiting to kick their heads in.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

im coming into work wearing my black suit and bowler hat....with a knuckle duster and concealed iron bar.

Comment

You should dress like a Droog
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          Are you sheeting your pants over next week?
          As someone pointed out last night, companies insisting workers must attend could face a corporate manslaughter suit if someone is killed or injured as a result of the protests.
          Sorry, what is happening? Can someone post a link?
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...ation-protests

Basically, next week you die.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              Nothing. Some nice people are showing solidarity with the bankers by brinhging them cake and pies.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

March 31st is last day of city gig for me so I'll be waytching the footage from home
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

It'll be exciting - I might go in for a laugh and a bit of a fight.
                  The traders will be well up for a go at the crusties, their manor is getting invaded, innit - its just like the turf wars between gangs on council estates.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

When it all kicks off I'm getting a few tins in, BBC news on the laptop, SKY on the TV, sit back and watch a few riots from the safety of my country estate.

Comment

Working...
                    X