• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What has poor old Gordon got right?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What has poor old Gordon got right?

When Vince Cable pointed out four years ago that Gordon's economic miracle was being fuelled by dangerously escalating debt, Gordon famously slapped him down saying "You were wrong before, and you are wrong again."

Well, events show that Vince couldn't have been righter. Which made me wonder: from when he became chancellor to the present day, what has Gordon Brown actually done right?

1. Not joining the euro

Kept inflation low.
    Unemployment low.
    Created millions of jobs.
    Given you all the opportunity to make a killing on the stock market and in buying and selling property.

If you had any brains, you'd have made a lot of money under my reign as chancellor.
    If you've got a problem and no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire...Gordon Brown ...( cue music )

Comment

Minimum wage.

I remember the days of people getting paid £1 per hour, security guards, Hair Dressers, etc. If i was on the dole and was offered a job for £1 an hour what do you think i'd do?

Comment

Admitting he was wrong.
        Resigning.

What? Eh? Oh...
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

His suits are quite nice. Not sure about the red tie thing.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
            His suits are quite nice. Not sure about the red tie thing.
            In a Compo after a night sleeping rough way......

Comment

UK should have joined euro from start, that would have prevented huge house debt bubble and also raise in costs due to devalued pound when the rest of Europe gets deflation.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                UK should have joined euro from start, that would have prevented huge house debt bubble and also raise in costs due to devalued pound when the rest of Europe gets deflation.
                So you're still a dork then?
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Go away. That argument is well and truly lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    Which made me wonder: from when he became chancellor to the present day, what has Gordon Brown actually done right?
                    The VAT Flat Rate Scheme.....that's it, nothing else!

Comment

Working...
                    X