• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eye Test

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eye Test

Bit of a noddy question, but a quick google isn't that helpful...

If I want myco to pay for my eye test, can I just pay for it on the company credit card?

Are there any HSE forms that need to be filled out?
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Bit of a noddy question, but a quick google isn't that helpful...

If I want myco to pay for my eye test, can I just pay for it on the company credit card?

Are there any HSE forms that need to be filled out?
    Yes your company can pay for the eye test, as long as you use a VDU in your work. (I know one company that everyone uses a hand held electrical tester - sorry can't remember what it is called - with a tiny screen, which qualified as a VDU). Too many Accountants think its a computer screen only!

No there are no HSE forms that need to be filled out.

"If an employee is required as part of his or her duties to make use of a visual display unit no benefit arises on the cost of:

* an eyesight test, or
    * spectacles provided solely for use with the VDU, or
    * a proportion for special use of spectacles provided for general use but including a prescription for special use with the VDU.

If the employer meets the cost of spectacles for general use, including at the VDU, a chargeable benefit will arise and a Class 1 NICs liability will also arise"
    Last edited by Little'Old Me; 27 March 2009, 12:19.

Comment

Working...
    X