• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House prices and share prices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House prices and share prices

…are f**king boring. Discuss. No don’t bother, I’ve had enough of it.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Will the stock market recover before house prices or the other way round?

Comment

Will people shut up about the recession before it ends or the other way round?

Comment

Will the recession end before the next boom?

Comment

When will people in the pub start talking about something more interesting?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            When the recession ends they'll stop speaking about it, then they'll start talking about house prices.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

…are f**king boring. Discuss. No don’t bother, I’ve had enough of it.
              I have heard enough from the media. But great adversity brings great opportunity. So I want to hear people's views. Especially sasguru. And from any trained economists (I think we have a few : oracleslave, HAB?)

Comment

do people still go to pubs? I thought there was a recession on!
                This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

On a completely unrelated note, my dinner last night was lovely.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    I have heard enough from the media. But great adversity brings great opportunity. So I want to hear people's views. Especially sasguru. And from any trained economists (I think we have a few : oracleslave, HAB?)
                    A little off topic, and my apologies to the OP for doing so...

Being an economist merely makes it all the more aggravating when you see who the media wield out to discuss what is happening and what is going to happen. Like I've said, if someone sits on TV or writes in a newspaper claiming that they know what is going to happen - they are lying, or they have an agenda. The ones who know what they are talking about are the ones that talk in tones of "I don't know, but x would tend to indicate y...though you should bear in mind z"

...noticed how less often they are digging up economists that speak like that? (sad gits like me notice these things)

A clue to how the media operate, and that they are working to an agenda. Capita have recently been awarded a £25 million contract to employ 35,000 workers (yes, thirty five thousand) as part of the 2011 census. Granted these are mostly temp jobs and not exactly top drawer, but they are jobs nonetheless. No mention of that anywhere...certainly not on the BBC. If it had been 350 job losses, it would make every news bulletin.

Kinda makes you wonder what's going on, doesn't it?
                    Last edited by PM-Junkie; 27 March 2009, 17:22.
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                    X