• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Our cat died

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our cat died

Went outside to take the bin out : cat was just lying there. Mrs BP was totally distraut.

Vet says it was hit by a car. He got hit 2 years ago : he was a very stupid cat.

Oddly she was alot more upset than over the death of her grandmother a few weeks ago. I suppose that death was expected : scooter was only 4 years old and in his prime.

Have you reported expat to the police yet?

Comment

Poor Pussy - RIP
      Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Went outside to take the bin out : cat was just lying there. Mrs BP was totally distraut.

Vet says it was hit by a car. He got hit 2 years ago : he was a very stupid cat.

Oddly she was alot more upset than over the death of her grandmother a few weeks ago. I suppose that death was expected : scooter was only 4 years old and in his prime.

I am sorry to hear that. My sympathies.

Comment

After I graduated I moved into a luxury 'lads' flat that came with a cat and you do get attached to the little mouse killers.

Its main trick was to creep into your bed when sleeping and try to fall asleep on your head.

*expects plenty of pussy jokes at my expense*

Comment

It can take you by suprise just how much of an effect the death of a family pet like a cat or a dog can have.

It can also be a grieving opportunity that might not just be about the pet.. it's understandable if your other half or yourself is more upset by this than seems rational.

Comment

How very sad.

And Fridays Poetry corner was - In praise of Cats.

Black cat
              come visit me
              I don't care what people say

I saw your hazel eyes
              sparkling in the moonlight

Black cat one day
              things will change,
              I'm gonna wipe away your bad name
              my friend tells me
              you're no good

Black cat you're beautiful,
              why does everybody run away
              has anybody told you
              I care
              has anybody told you
              I Love You

Ziggy Marley
              Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 28 March 2009, 13:00.

Comment

Grim one. i remember when our last mog died - worst thing was i had to sit there comforting her whilst the vet administered the final jab and watch her close her eyes for the last time. Must admit, i blubbed a bit in the car whilst driving her home for burial - most un-manly!

They are mainly a pain in the @rse but you do get used to them being around.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Comment

Sorry to hear this - deepest sypathies.

Mrs Jog took our cat to the vet today and it was a very big deal, if anything like this happened to our one she'd be very distraught indeed.
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                    X