• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well done Jenson Button

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done Jenson Button

Well done Jenson Button

....and great coverage from the BBC. How nice not to have those damned adverts just at the wrong time.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Should make for an interesting year !.

Will this make some of the other drivers taking fatal risks however?
      Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
        Should make for an interesting year !.

Will this make some of the other drivers taking fatal risks however?
        That used to be part of the fun!

Comment

Well done Jenson... a proud day for Somerset!!

Ross Brawn must be some sort of engineering god to pull a 1-2 first time out.

Lewis who??
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            Lewis who??
            Well he did finish 3rd, starting from the back of the grid lineup - Toyota's starting from the pit lane, so that's pretty impressive given the state of his car.

He was pretty lucky though with both Ferrari's going out and Trulli breaking the rules. I'm sure he'll be buying Vettel a big drink for causing the smash to propell him from 7th-ish to 3rd.

All credit to Jenson though and good to see him back at the top.

Looks a pretty open season though. Brawn are strong, but their advantage will soon diminish, McLaren will definately improve - just a case of how many points they fall behind until they find their form.

The weirdest part was no adverts. Over the years, I'd been able to predict them. As soon as there was a slight pause in the commentary, you knew an advert was coming, so I'd be reaching for the Sky+ controller to zap them out (I rarely watch ITV/Sky programmes live - I just Sky+ them and pick them up after they have started).

Comment

...and given that ferrari have thrown their teddy out of the pram because someone has something that is better than them (the defuser box), and that F1 is basically run according to ferarri's wishes - expect both Brawn cars to be disqualified at the FIA hearing in April and Hamilton to be given the victory.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
                ...and given that ferrari have thrown their teddy out of the pram because someone has something that is better than them (the defuser box), and that F1 is basically run according to ferarri's wishes - expect both Brawn cars to be disqualified at the FIA hearing in April and Hamilton to be given the victory.
                Hasn't Williams and Toyota also go these diffusers fitted? Looks like a case of ' Why did not we think of that!' by the other teams, especially the Red Bull team.
                I hope they are not disallowed as this will be a mockery to have an enquiry after the first race.
                Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
                  Sweet justice for Ferrari's teddy throwing if that happens...

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
                  Hasn't Williams and Toyota also go these diffusers fitted? Looks like a case of ' Why did not we think of that!' by the other teams, especially the Red Bull team.
                  I hope they are not disallowed as this will be a mockery to have an enquiry after the first race.
                  It's worse for Red Bull because they can't fit a diffuser - the whole rear end of their car would need to be redesigned - that's why they're kicking up such a stink about it.

The other manufacturers will simply design their own. Judging by the fact that all the McLaren mechanics were loitering around the front of the grid today (despite their guys being way back down the field), I'd guess they're already designing one, so that if the decision goes Brawn's way, they can use it on their own cars as soon as possible.

For Red Bull though, it could be months before they can fit a diffuser - perhaps not even this season.

Mind you, it didn't seem to hamper Vettel today who kept pace with Button - until he turned his car into a three-wheeler...

Comment

The BBC hosted it quite well - almost ITV-like. Except the commentator, who was carp. No idea who he was. I was glad to see Blundell assisting with the commentary as he knows his stuff and is usually quick to work out what is going on. Likewise Jordan and Coulthard were welcome additions. Hard to say how Button will do this season, as Barrichello also did quite well and neither are racing superstars IMO.

Comment

Working...
                    X