• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

99p a pint

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

99p a pint

Just has my first beer in over four months. A pint of Ruddle’s Best; cost 99p down the local Weatherspoon’s and it was lovely. Not supposed to drink until late Monday (doc’s orders), but I could not resist. Best medicine I’ve had in ages.

Now I’ve got to convince the clients that they should start paying for the service they’ve had for free for the last six months. Got to earn money quick and get out of the country ASAP.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

But you'll never find Ruddles county (or decent beer) out of the country
    'elf and safety guru

Comment

They do Deuchars in Scotland as the 99p pint, apparently they were going postal because they thought it devalued their brand.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        They do Deuchars in Scotland as the 99p pint, apparently they were going postal because they thought it devalued their brand.
        That's pretty narrow thinking, I've never heard of that beer, but if I'd tried it and it was great at 99p a pint I'd select it in other pubs too.

Comment

Originally posted by thelace View Post
          DON'T I KNOW IT !!!!
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
            That's pretty narrow thinking, I've never heard of that beer, but if I'd tried it and it was great at 99p a pint I'd select it in other pubs too.
            Sold in most pubs in Scotland, really nice IPA, light and refreshing with hints of heather.

Comment

Originally posted by thelace View Post
              Plan B ...Micro brewery in southern France?

Or British beer home delivery service on the costas?

I expect your average expat would pay a big premeium for 4 tins of John Smiths so I'd imagine they'd pay even more for a few bottles of Badger Golden Champion.

HotCUKDeals... Wychwood Wychcraft is £1.19 down at Aldi.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

It's Director's Bitter for me, when I'm not on the port. God, that goes down a treat.

Shame about the blasted widgets in the cans though - Don't get me started on them
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  Plan B ...Micro brewery in southern France?

Or British beer home delivery service on the costas?

I expect your average expat would pay a big premeium for 4 tins of John Smiths so I'd imagine they'd pay even more for a few bottles of Badger Golden Champion.

HotCUKDeals... Wychwood Wychcraft is £1.19 down at Aldi.
                  This "expat" is happy to go with the local food and drink.

Comment

Jezzer says all expats are failures.

My local English pub does a reasonable pint of London Pride. And the guiness is ok. But the Erdinger is great. On the downside, at current exchange rates it's £5.50 a pint.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X