• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

National no washing day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National no washing day

While pondering national lights off day, I came up with a brilliant idea (in the bath of all places).

Why not have a no washing day, or better still a no washing week?

Think of all the energy that could be saved, and the time, if nobody bothered to wash or shave for a week. It might even miraculously clear up a lot of eczema cases caused by obsessive washing and the weird chemicals they put in soap these days.

And BO wouldn't be a problem either - As Andy McNab points out in one of his SAS books, when no one in a group has washed for days then no one can smell anyone else!

Well why not? It's win-win all round, and anyway it works fine in France.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

I take a bath as much for relaxation as to wash.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      While pondering national lights off day, I came up with a brilliant idea (in the bath of all places).

Why not have a no washing day, or better still a no washing week?

Think of all the energy that could be saved, and the time, if nobody bothered to wash or shave for a week. It might even miraculously clear up a lot of eczema cases caused by obsessive washing and the weird chemicals they put in soap these days.

And BO wouldn't be a problem either - As Andy McNab points out in one of his SAS books, when no one in a group has washed for days then no one can smell anyone else!

Well why not? It's win-win all round, and anyway it works fine in France.

A eureka moment?

Comment

That would be like most days for me.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

You could always soften them up by having a no-ironing week - just imagine the Carbon Footprint of ironing all those shirts - I dont even have an iron - so there.

Ironic even.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I take a bath as much for relaxation as to wash.
            a pot-noodle

Comment

I was trying to be comical, but yet again, as so often happens with this Government, truth is stranger than parody ..

Power showers to be banned

It's hard to imagine anything more futile than banning power showers, because if everyone has to start using "British B&B" showers again, i.e. a useless trickle of water veering uncontrollably between freezing cold and scalding hot, they'll just go back to having baths. And baths use more water than a power shower. DOH!

The only logical conclusion is to ban all showers and baths, which is where we came in!
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                Rubbish.

We're on an island in the Atlantic that gets more rain than most anywhere except Ireland.

An inappropriate conclusion from an irrelevant and incorrect comparison.
                Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                  Rubbish.

We're on an island in the Atlantic that gets more rain than most anywhere except Ireland.

An inappropriate conclusion from an irrelevant and incorrect comparison.
                  Maybe true, but if they do get banned then everyone will want one, and some enterprising souls will make a fortune supplying and installing these on the black market. Maybe a good plan B.

Comment

Working...
                  X