• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is Freemasonry a cult?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Freemasonry a cult?

Churchill says:
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    You really are an ignorant, loathsome little turd.
    No, not that bit! This bit:

Btw, for the hard of thinking Freemasonry is not a religion or a cult.
    Now my pocket Oxford Dictionary says:

cult n. 1 religious system, sect, etc., esp. ritualistic. 2 a devotion to a person or thing (cult of aestheticism). b fashion. c (attrib.) fashionable (cult film). [Latin: related to *cultivate]

sect n. 1 group sharing (usu. unorthodox) religious, political, or philosophical doctrines. 2 (esp. exclusive) religious denomination. [Latin sequor follow]
    Waddya you think? Is Freemasonry a cult?

Or just a fraternity dedicated to the Brotherhood of Man.

Poll to follow...
    Well, dur, Freemasonry defines cultism
    38.46%
    Denial, as ever, I see
    0.00%
    Only if 'cult' was misspelled
    3.85%
    No, no, no. Of course it isn't, oh no. Ahem
    15.38%
    Please, please, please invite me to join
    0.00%
    Free masons? Not contractors then?
    3.85%
    I'm not sure - I'm hard of thinking
    15.38%
    AndyW is a right cult and I had sects with him
    23.08%
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Is Churchill a cu*t?

Comment

I always thought freemasonry was when you get a mate to do your bricklaying for nothing...
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

They 'allegedly' shag goats, I am more inclined to say it is a bestiality club.

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
          Churchill says:
          No, not that bit! This bit:

Now my pocket Oxford Dictionary says:

Waddya you think? Is Freemasonry a cult?

Or just a fraternity dedicated to the Brotherhood of Man.

Poll to follow...
          You've answered the question.

cult n. 1 religious system, sect, etc., esp. ritualistic. 2 a devotion to a person or thing (cult of aestheticism). b fashion. c (attrib.) fashionable (cult film). [Latin: related to *cultivate]

sect n. 1 group sharing (usu. unorthodox) religious, political, or philosophical doctrines. 2 (esp. exclusive) religious denomination. [Latin sequor follow]
          As Freemasonry is not a religion how can it be a cult?

Comment

If you wish to see what Freemasonry does then have a look at the following:-

http://www.grandcharity.org/data/fil...82__feb_09.pdf

As a little note, all monies raised have been donated by Freemasons and their supporters.

We don't solicit donations from the general public. Unlike the round-table/rotary etc.
            Last edited by Churchill; 30 March 2009, 13:24.

Comment

As a little note, all monies raised have been donated by Freemasons and their supporters.

We don't solicit donations from the general public. Unlike the round-table/rotary etc.

Wow - 550,000 under "Grand Master’s 40th Anniversary Grants"

That must have been quite some party

Comment

Maybe curchill, but you have an unhealthy obsession with goats. Dress up and flash flesh to other men who are told to flash flesh to other men.

Disturbing.

Comment

What's in it for you then?
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Not in my opinion.
                    Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Working...
                    X