• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Clearance?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security Clearance?

Does anyone on this fine board know what level of clearance, if any, is required to work for the Corporation of London?

Thanks in advance.

Clearance

depends what area - think most areas will require a CRB check - but others maybe more!!

Comment

TFL Security Level Clearance

Hi
      I worked on the initial delivey of the Congestion Charging Scheme, which is a TFL system. The security check was Basic Clearance, this means you need to provide to referees of "good social standing" i.e Copper, teacher, Docter.
      Your referees will be sent a form which they complete and return.
      TFL's security group should deal with it, as long as your referees reply promptly should be done and dusted in less than a month.

Basic Check security is normally used for any workers who potentially have access to demographic information for members of the public.

Hope this helps

Fat Freddys Cat

Comment

Originally posted by fatfreddyscat
        ...Basic Clearance, this means you need to provide to referees of "good social standing" i.e Copper, teacher, Docter.
        Just out of interest, what happens if you don't know a Copper, teacher or Doctor? i.e you're not sick, stupid or a criminal.

Comment

Originally posted by planetit
          i.e you're not sick, stupid or a criminal.
          Simple, you're not qualified to work with sensitive data.

Comment

Just out of interest, what happens if you don't know a Copper, teacher or Doctor? i.e you're not sick, stupid or a criminal.
            Funny was just thinking the same.

These kind of checks are stupid and pointless

Comment

what happens if you don't know a Copper, teacher or Doctor?
              Go and pick a fight with schools sports master, preferably one who plays number 8, you should then become acquainted with the other 2 rather rapidly, you may even be introduced to a JP, a magistrate or even a judge.
              I am sure they will all have a jolly good laugh when you explain you were only widening the circle of your influence to try to get a job.
              Last edited by The Lone Gunman; 13 October 2005, 14:20.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise
                Funny was just thinking the same.

These kind of checks are stupid and pointless
                The strange thing is that you don't need that many checks to beome a teacher or a rural copper.

Comment

Less violent alternative : dont pay your Poll Tax.

Youll know hundreds of coppers, a judge, and as a bonus, Bubba....
                  Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Working...
                  X