• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Signs of a Recession coming...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signs of a Recession coming...

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/ar...823873,00.html

With manufacturing in technical recession for the past two quarters, the position has worsened over the past three months, the BCC said.

David Frost, director general of the BCC, said: "The alarming manufacturing figures, the decline in confidence balances across all sectors, and the fall in all the export balances are the most disturbing features of the Q3 results."

Milan.

Blair can see the tulip is about to hit the fan, hence he's bailing out to stiff his arch rival Brown Stuff. Got to larf.

Comment

Do you prefer to live in a country where the recession is soooo EVIDENT (i.e. Germany) or another one where there are signs of a possible future potential blah blah recession?
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

oh dear Franco you are surely jesting

I am currently residing in a country where for example:

65% of the cars on the road are made in that country !!

[The German Association of Motor Vehicle Importers (VDIK) reports that the market share for foreign carmakers in Germany is around 35 percent, with a slight increase in new registrations predicted for 2005.
        http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,...39569,00.html]

Shall I bother to continue or do get where this is going ?

Like it or not the German economy is securely founded.

Milan.

Comment

German economy is securely founded.
          floundering
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
            oh dear Franco you are surely jesting

I am currently residing in a country where for example:

65% of the cars on the road are made in that country !!
            Did you know that China makes 95% of the socks in the whole world!!!!!!!!
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Doh!

Milan, stick to changing tapes. German wages are too high for it to keep manufacturing at home, hence Mercedes move of its factories to Alabama and South Africa. Germany relies too much on manufacturing. Eventually most of the maufacturing will be moved abroad, even by German firms, so the Germans had better learn a service industry ethos fast.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

How is it that the Deutsch Post can own DHL, Excel Logistics, Securicor Omega, Amtrak Parcels, Danzas and more and the monkey's running our post office cannot even keep the business profitable not less be progressive and have the foresight to buy the other parcel companies ?

And that's only one example !

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                  Germans had better learn a service industry ethos fast.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Doh again!

Well, that's an example of a service business.Fair enough there are some succesful German service companies. But they are over-reliant on manufacturing in which the West cannot compete in the long run.
                    It doesn't compare at all with Britain's domination of the financial services/trading industry in the City.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X