• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SKA news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SKA news

Apologies for long delay between SKA news -- I was working hard making sure SKA scales under high load -- a lot more users joined growing ranks of SKA troopers - we are now consistently crawling 20 mln+ urls every day and today we are set to do more than 25 mln. Quadruple this to 100 mln urls per day and its already 3 bln urls per month -- not many search engines update themselves so often.

Of course there is now urgent need to actually index all this and make searches relevant, but its pleasing that support for the project reached such a big level -- here I have to convey thanks to CUKers who helped carry the project through its dark times -- particularly FiddleAbout, dazza12, Mordac and also ASB, DimPrawn.

SupremeSpod and BBG chickened out early -- bet now that there is a white cross on your door you regret about it huh?

20 mil... 2bln.... 3.5 thousands...

What have you become? An accountant?
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

SKA is heavily biased towards quantitative analysis and stats. Don't think accountants operate with high numbers like 1E+9 because it would cause arith overflow.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
        SKA is heavily biased towards quantitative analysis and stats. Don't think accountants operate with high numbers like 1E+9 because it would cause arith overflow.
        No, they just round it up with a Council Tax increase to fix the loophole.
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

What ever happened to Fiddle?
          I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Originally posted by Numptycorner
            What ever happened to Fiddle?
            I am fiddle.

Comment

Originally posted by voron
              I am fiddle.
              No, I am Fiddle. Er, Spod, errr... oh I can't remember.
              I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus
                No, I am Fiddle. Er, Spod, errr... oh I can't remember.
                I thought you were DimPrawn. No, that can't be right...I'm DimPrawn.

Comment

I'm Brian, and so is my wife.

Comment

I'm DimPrawn!

Comment

Working...
                    X