• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chico

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chico

Why do you advocate war but insist that all humanity are created in the likeness of the God that you supposedly worship - surely the natural conclusion to this would be that you would advocate the destruction of God himself?

And if there is an eternity, how long would that be?
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
      Why do you advocate war but insist that all humanity are created in the likeness of the God that you supposedly worship - surely the natural conclusion to this would be that you would advocate the destruction of God himself?

Excellent question John ,I await Chicos response with interest.

If God does destroy God, then who should we turn to ?

Comment

JG

I do not advocate war in general however some wars are just - i.e. war to act against an evil aggressor e.g. Hitler, Saddam et al. God made us all in his image which means we have the freedom to choose a path of good or to choose a path of evil. Example if person X exercised his free will to go butchering people randomly then surely it would be just for Person Y to use whatever force to subdue him? That principle also works for countries. Lets not pretend that evil people/terrorists rogue nations exist - they do. So what do? Do we just stand aside and see people brutalized or do we take a stand?
        Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
          JG
          [..]That principle also works for countries. Lets not pretend that evil people/terrorists rogue nations exist - they do. So what do? Do we just stand aside and see people brutalized or do we take a stand?
          So what do you plan to do against the US?
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Example if person X exercised his free will to go butchering people randomly then surely it would be just for Person Y to use whatever force to subdue him?
            What if person X is doing this in "God's" name? Think Crusades...

Comment

Originally posted by Spodicus
              What if person X is doing this in "God's" name? Think Crusades...
              Well I will point Person X to the New Testament particularly to the Sermon on the Mount.
              Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Well I will point Person X to the New Testament particularly to the Sermon on the Mount.
                Chico, you have a passage for every occasion, but then again so the book is suitably ambiguous to give you the amunition.
                You keep telling us how you live by the book so justify your support for war against "thou shalt not kill" and "turn the other cheek" oh tulip, I have been trumped with "an eye for an eye". It still says you must obey the commandments though fzzzt does not compute brrrrrpppp fzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt.

How is one supposed to decipher such hypocritical teachings?
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

What if he a different Testament? Why cannot he point you on a verse of the Kor@n for example? Do you assume you are right and he is wrong to understand what's the book of the truth?

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
                    What if he a different Testament? Why cannot he point you on a verse of the Kor@n for example? Do you assume you are right and he is wrong to understand what's the book of the truth?

Of course the person is wrong if he disagrees with Chico.

Comment

Working...
                    X