• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Obama just flew over my house

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obama just flew over my house

Two huge helicopters flew over my house in North London. Much noisier than usual.
    Guess Obama is here.
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    Two huge helicopters flew over my house in North London. Much noisier than usual.
    Guess Obama is here.
    Probably just Jaqui Smith nipping out for a take-away on expenses before she settles down to watch Uk 40+ Red Hot Amateurs

Comment

Guess Obama is here.
      No - this was just a decoy convoy, for security reasons Obama went by the Tube.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by mailric View Post
        Probably just Jaqui Smith nipping out for a take-away on expenses before she settles down to watch Uk 40+ Red Hot Amateurs
        Yeah, why risk walking to blockbusters in a stabproof vest when you can take the chopper.
        'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
        Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Yeah, why risk walking to blockbusters in a stabproof vest when you can take the chopper.
          I don't think it will be her husband piloting the chopper though ...

Comment

Originally posted by mailric View Post

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
              I don't think it will be her husband piloting the chopper though ...
              He's busy at home, piloting his own.

Comment

Guess Obama is here.
                You should have shot them down. Would have made a great section 58 protest.

HTH

Comment

From telegraph blog:

20.10 The helicopter takes off, heading west from Essex to the capital followed by several identical decoy helicopters. Obama has spent less than 20 minutes on British soil so far.

20.06 Marine One's rotors are whirring, ready to take the Obamas to Winfield House, the official residence of the US ambassador which is set in 12 acres of grounds in Regent's Park. Darling and his wife retreat.

20.03 It's all smiles as Alistair Darling shakes hands with Obama, and their wives Maggie and Michelle exchange greetings. But it's a brief hello and the pair are already heading towards Obama's helicopter. Michelle in a yellow dress and black coat.

What's up anyway - is revolution in the air?
                  Bored.

Comment

I had them over my house in north London too. Believe it's called Marine One.
                    Cats are evil.

Comment

Working...
                    X