• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Visualizing falling into a Black Hole

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visualizing falling into a Black Hole

Not another doom posting about the economy, for a change, but I think someone asked about this a few months ago, and an ArXiv paper published this week has a reference to some interesting animations and accompanying explanation:

Journey into a Schwarzschild black hole

For reference the paper is http://arxiv.org/abs/0903.4717
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Didn't the Simpsons do that already?
    Bored.

Comment

Excellent article .

Right up my street .

However -

Warning: If you fall into a black hole, you will die. You will not go through a wormhole to another time and place.

Ain't neceesarily so.

Because - Dear Reader - if you see Death - and one day you will - run past him - that is the key to Immortality.

And- remain in Light.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Not another doom posting about the economy, for a change, but I think someone asked about this a few months ago, and an ArXiv paper published this week has a reference to some interesting animations and accompanying explanation:

Journey into a Schwarzschild black hole

For reference the paper is http://arxiv.org/abs/0903.4717
        Bet that would hurt...

And if planet Earth was currently hurtling towards such a singularity, Gordon Brown would be still be spouting... "Britain is well placed to deal with this situation..."

Comment

Working...
        X