• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Petrol tax rise comes into force

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Petrol tax rise comes into force

Motorists are now paying an extra 2.12p per litre of petrol as a government fuel tax increase comes into force.

The AA, which opposed the rise, said for a family with two cars, each using an average of 1,286 litres per year, the annual tax increase will be £54.53.

The Freight Transport Association (FTA) said the rise would "push businesses over the edge".

Last year, fuel prices were at record levels, encouraging the government to delay the plans to increase duty.

The FTA said there could be further fuel tax increases this year announced in the Budget on 22 April and a rise in truck firms going out of business.

Linky
    Me, me, me...

Working...
X