• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Parasol

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Parasol

The new 'add yer timesheets' portal on the Parasol site. Oh Lordy...

Proof that .NET re-writes (when there's nothing wrong with the old site) can be a bad thing.

Is this Bob Shawadiwadi's idea of April foolness?

Phew, old one re-instated while 'dedicated IT Support Team' sort it out.

So it was well tested then!

Comment

Why do Parasol always make system changes near the end of the tax year. Sheer madness.

Comment

Apparently it cost em £300k also

Bargain apparently

Maybe a bit more testing was in order?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

Bargain apparently

Just logged in and my account is ok, you sure you guys now how to use it?

Comment

Originally posted by the_duderama View Post
            Just logged in and my account is ok, you sure you guys now how to use it?
            If your command of the portal is as impressive as your spelling ...

Comment

I logged on the new system today, and found a "UNKNOWN" for my NI number in the my details page. looks like something stuffed up in data migration to the new system... lucky i checked too...

Comment

timesheets and details fine, not business expenses submit

No problem for me on timesheets or my details, I quite liked the new system.

BUT here I am at nearly 1am trying to submit Jan, Feb and Mar expenses to print the cover sheets to put in an envelope to post tomorrow before going away on holiday and all I'm getting is blank pages

Bar Stewards!
                This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Parasol - Oh dear.

Originally posted by original PM View Post

Bargain apparently

£300k!!!!! Talk about being stitched up like a kipper, I could have done that for a fifth of the price, especially if I cut my hours down by ripping off design ideas from other established sources (not that I would of course)...

The new Parasol site design concept appears as if it has been ripped off from Orman Clarks Online Portfolio - http://www.ormanclark.com/ Deja vu anyone?

Whats that all about? You would think that if they spent that amount of money they could at least come up with their own unique corporate identity for the front end, not that it is very corporate in its current state...

Comment

bs propaganda?

It looks like a mobile phone web site, hardly the corporate image you would expect from a company plowing 300k in to their systems, or maybe it's just bs propaganda?

Shame on the design company...

Comment

Working...
                    X