• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

For all you renters out there ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For all you renters out there ...

Had the estate agents round recently to value the Old Street place. I asked them what was an absolutely realistic valuation such that I could sell tomorrow by being ultracompetitive in pricing. Turns out even being pessimistic, I could walk away with a nice 150K profit. If I waited a bit, even more.

Which is nice.

Was there ever a comedy farce in the great series called Carry on Renting?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru
    Had the estate agents round recently to value the Old Street place. I asked them what was an absolutely realistic valuation such that I could sell tomorrow by being ultracompetitive in pricing. Turns out even being pessimistic, I could walk away with a nice 150K profit. If I waited a bit, even more.

Which is nice.

Was there ever a comedy farce in the great series called Carry on Renting?
    Also checked what I can rent my new one. After 5% deposit the rent would cover the mortgage plus a couple of pints. I just have to wait for someone like AtW and spend the next 25 years in South Portugal while coming back after 25 years to get my pension scheme.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

...oh yeah.

Go on put it on the market and see what happens.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Sorry, I misread it as "for all you rent boys out there". I was just about to get in touch with that snail merchant. Or was it the oyster man?

DimPrawn.
        I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates
          ...oh yeah.

Go on put it on the market and see what happens.
          I think I will - at 5K less than similar flats. Bet you I get an offer by next week.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

...by next week.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

...ever been through a divorce? Never a better time to rent than when your ex is trying to fleece the living daylights out of you...

Different things suit different people at different times.

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus
                Sorry, I misread it as "for all you rent boys out there". I was just about to get in touch with that snail merchant. Or was it the oyster man?

DimPrawn.
                Oi!

Yeah my house is worth squillions and people are kicking the door down begging me to sell it to them. Feck em I say, next week it will be worth double!

Comment

Working...
                X