• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spotify

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spotify

Anyone use Spotify?
    Can I get an invite?
    Bored.

Do you need an invite? I don't remember having one when I signed up, which was only about a month ago.

It's a fantastic site anyway. Some gaps here and there, but mainly it's only the giant classic rock bands which you've probably heard to death anyway. I'm surprised more people aren't linking to Spotify stuff on forums.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
      Do you need an invite? I don't remember having one when I signed up, which was only about a month ago.

It's a fantastic site anyway. Some gaps here and there, but mainly it's only the giant classic rock bands which you've probably heard to death anyway. I'm surprised more people aren't linking to Spotify stuff on forums.
      WHS
      The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
        Anyone use Spotify?
        Can I get an invite?
        I've got Spotify, and I can confirm it is the future.

Don't have any invites though.
        Sorry.

Comment

Spotify Rocks!!

Comment

I didn't need an invitation, and it tells i have "0 invites left" even though I haven't sent any

it also appears as if I don't need an invite to create a new account though.

Are you in the UK? maybe different rules per country?

Comment

1st option is by invite (requires friends), 2nd pay cash (requires money), 3rd is get added to email list and wait. I took option 3.
              Bored.

Comment

wossit?

Never heard of it...
                Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

No invitation needed as far as I can see, just went to www.spotify.com and agrabbed the download.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
                    wossit?

Never heard of it...
                    It's an application which allows you to search for mp3 tracks and stream them. If you don't pay the subscription then you get an advert every six songs or so. The big deal with it is that it's completely legal. I'd say I've found about 95% of what I've been looking for on there, including nostalgic searches for stuff like X-Ray Spex or The Slits or Malcolm McClaren, more recent stuff like Animal Collective and even comedy like Monty Python or Beyond The Fringe.

You can also create playlists and then link to them with a URL. Or link to individual songs or albums. I use it at home all the time now. Really nice interface.

I suppose it's like a YouTube for music really.

Comment

Working...
                    X