• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The STOP button on web browsers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The STOP button on web browsers

Does it ever work? Anooys the hell out of me.
    Bored.

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    Does it ever work? Anooys the hell out of me.
    What do you expect it to do - stop flow of time?

Comment

I may be wrong here, but doesn't it only stop the current thread of events, and browsers like Firefox can load several threads at once.
      "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
      "See?"

Comment

What it seems to do is to freeze the browser for ages, then continue loading the page. Then again I'm using IE 6.x right now so that's probably it. Although it doesn't really work with firefox either, especially if Java's involved.
        Bored.

Comment

What it seems to do is to freeze the browser for ages, then continue loading the page. Then again I'm using IE 6.x right now so that's probably it. Although it doesn't really work with firefox either, especially if Java's involved.
          Java? IE6? Is it the 20th Century again?

Comment

It normally works for me, though IE6 isn't a good measure of anything.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

If the java is doing something I don't think the stop button will do anything, it was designed to 'stop' HTTP traffic between the browser session and the web server, so IE has no control over what java is communicating.
              This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Does anyone actually use java in browsers anymore? the only time I see it is crappy time management systems and the like used by company intranets.

I am having real issues with IE8, more than 5 tabs on a window and it really struggles. On both XP and Vista.

Comment

The Stop button is for numpties.

Use "kill" and nuke the bl@@dy thing
                  'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                  Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                    Use "kill" and nuke the bl@@dy thing
                    But this is Windows, where you often have to reboot the computer to kill a misbehaving app.

Comment

Working...
                    X