• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Party

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Party

Which party are you drawn to?

I'd quite like a comment on "other" votes. OTOH I suppose that "none" speaks for itself (unless combined with other choices!).
    Labour
    0.00%
    Conservative
    31.43%
    Liberal Democrats
    22.86%
    UKIP
    11.43%
    BNP
    0.00%
    Communist
    0.00%
    SNP
    5.71%
    Plaid Cymru
    0.00%
    Other
    17.14%
    None
    11.43%
    Last edited by expat; 1 April 2009, 13:03.

3 "other" votes? For whom? independent?

Comment

Interestingly the Lib Dems are out in front atm. Are the usual Tory suspects not about today?
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

The Lib Dems want a local income tax to replace the Council Tax. As an impending pensioner and totally anti the regressive nature of this tax I may be swayed one day.

Comment

However, a vote for the Lib Dems is effectively a vote for Labour because in a hung parliament the two parties will unite as they have many times before.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
            3 "other" votes? For whom? independent?
            They probably chose Other in protest of the lack of AndyW option.
            If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Interestingly the Lib Dems are out in front atm. Are the usual Tory suspects not about today?
              I suspect this is the bradley effect, but in reference to liberals instead. Most of these will probably vote tory.

ducks and runs for cover
              "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                However, a vote for the Lib Dems is effectively a vote for Labour because in a hung parliament the two parties will unite as they have many times before.
                Actually Liberals have only formed a coalition with Labour once, the Lib-Lab pact of the 70's, and arguably they did much better out of it than Labour did. Previously they have formed coalitions with the Conservatives on at least two occasions during WW1 and WW2 under Asquith and Lloyd-George respectively. More recently they have flatly refused coalitions with Labour in both the Welsh Assembly and the Scottish parliament when these have been offered by Labour.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                  The Lib Dems want a local income tax to replace the Council Tax. As an impending pensioner and totally anti the regressive nature of this tax I may be swayed one day.
                  Really? They weren't in favour of the SNP's plans to introduce this in Scotland. Then again, they were playing political football.
                  "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

i thought this was going to be an invitation to a CUK party i am outraged, I shall write to my MP.
                    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X