• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone else think these two got off lightly?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else think these two got off lightly?

I've gone a bit Cybertory all over....

Here
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

shockingly light sentence

Comment

Antonette Richardson was jailed for 18 months and Tony Virasami was sentenced to four years for manslaughter.

Judge Geoffrey Rivlin QC said the sentences reflected the "shock and concern felt by the public at large".
      =====================================

If the sentence reflected the "shock and concern felt by the public at large" they would both have faced a slow painful death.

Comment

I think the only "shock and concern" felt by me is for the light sentences they received. Especially with them both having multiple prior convistions. They should of had the book thrown at them!
        If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

A child has been left without a father because of the actions of these two.
          They got off very lightly.
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

I'm speechless at this...... How 4 years inside is justice for killing an innocent man is beyond me.. Plus I'm guessing he'll never serve 4 years

Comment

Even I am shocked.

Comment

It's the way UK law works. Constructive manslaughter:

when the defendant commits a crime (such as an assault - see the relevant section in the 'Violent crimes' section) which results in death. It is not murder because death or serious injury was not what was intended as the result.

The 'minor' crime (e.g. the assault) itself must be dangerous and intentional and it must be the cause of death.

If all of these elements are satisfied then the defendant will be guilty of involuntary manslaughter.

They'd only have got life if they'd killed more than one person. I'd guess that they also got a lighter sentence because punching someone doesn't usually result in death or permanent injury.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Someone in Dundee this week got 10 years after kicking a toddler in the stomach and then leaving him to die over the course of a few hours with a ruptured intestine.

He will be out in less than 5 year.

Comment

A premeditated and deliberate assault that leads to the death of the victim gets a 4 year term, disgraceful. 18 months for the cretinous slapper that orchestrated the assault......

Rediculous, those sentences aren't even a slap on the wrist for taking the life of someone else.

Comment

Working...
                    X