• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

G20 Protester dies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G20 Protester dies

Collapsed near the BofE apparently.

I thought this was a great shame. I dont agree with the protestors : but they have a right to protest without being killed. Well : dont know if he was killed or not but I have my suspicions.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Well : dont know if he was killed or not but I have my suspicions.
      Thats not like you Brillo....... diving into a major conspiracy theory "Capitalism Kills Bloke" without even the vaguest notion of fact!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        but they have a right to protest without being killed
        Peaceful protest is one thing, using it as excuse to ransack RBS is another - people die almost every time London marathon happens, one should not be suprised someone dies in this sort of thing. I suppose they were prepared to die for their believes.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Peaceful protest is one thing, using it as excuse to ransack RBS is another - people die almost every time London marathon happens, one should not be suprised someone dies in this sort of thing. I suppose they were prepared to die for their believes.
          Are you suggesting that this bloke was one of the ones smashing up RBS?? On what basis?

How long has the London Marathon been going... 25+ years....
          How many people have died during it....... ie while running it (not just someone in Outer Mongolia dying at the same time).....
          Edit: 24 Apr 2007 ... It is the ninth death since the London Marathon began in 1981

Does this justify "almost every time".....

I am in an argumentative mood today!

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
            Are you suggesting that this bloke was one of the ones smashing up RBS?? On what basis?
            No, but it was well known in advance that anarchists will be taking part in this and I think given previous violence it would be obvious that the smart thing is to stay away from this thing.

I am very much against bankers and all for protests but what those anarchists want is totally wrong and I'd prefer police to crack down on them at the first sign of trouble.

How long has the London Marathon been going... 25+ years....
            I should not have limited it to "London" - let's just say almost every year I hear about marathon in this country (they happen outside of London), someone dies - by comparison pretty healthy people take part in it and they don't get whacked in crowds, going to this anarchist thing should automatically make any sensible person stay away simply because violent actions of anarchists would put any good cause that this sensible person would have into total disrepute.

Comment

had a few debates with anarchists on the internet, I'm amazed why they think anyone will take them seriously

Comment

I should not have limited it to "London"
                BUT you did say London

people die almost every time London marathon happens
                Now you say
                (they happen outside of London)
                I always knew many Marathons and 1/2 Marathons and other sorts of long distance races happen in "this country" every year 100s of them in fact....

If you argument is now:
                .......almost every year I hear about marathon in this country someone dies
                What you are saying is: "Out of the 10s of 000s (possibly 100s of thousands) of people that run Marathons/Endurance races every year in this country only a very (vanishingly) small number of people die......

I think this is rather different than your implied "If you run the LONDON Marathon you have a good chance of dying before you finish" which is obvious bollox..........

The main theme being that by over-exagerating and being inprecise you turned what might have been a valid point in to tulip

as to......
                Any time sunshine!!

Comment

Did anyone see the 'bank worker' on BBC news 24?

Claims the chap was into his 50s and stank of booze, police were there within a minute and got him to hospital.

Comment

I am very much against bankers :
                    That statement proves what a simpleton you are.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X