• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apprentice, week 2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apprentice, week 2

Now I can see anyone in a normal job being keen to enter, if only to be on TV. But the Rocky guy who went out, sounds to OWN 10+ shops... what kind of entrepreneur gives that up so easily?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

he doesn't own and run those 15 sandwich shops amd employs 50+ people, someone I know said he comes from the same town and its his parents that built up, run and own the business.

(suprise, suprise)

Entrepreneur my ar*se ! more like thicko from up North who cannot get a job so he reckons he's the man playing manager at his dad's sandwich shops !

Welcome to Britain.

Comment

I know they choose people for our entertainment.

But what a bunch on incompetent idiots.

I did like the approach of the leader of the women's group, they need a strong leader to slap them into order.
      Originally posted by cailin maith
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

I lasted 1 min 27 secs before they annoyed the t!ts off me!

I just cant watch these reality things.
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Watched this for the first time last night - it was so bad it was compulsive. my 9yr old watched this last week in her room and told me how bad they had done then.
          Is this for real?
          Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

And thanks to the BBC for zooming in on the sandwich guy's zit.

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
              Watched this for the first time last night - it was so bad it was compulsive. my 9yr old watched this last week in her room and told me how bad they had done then.
              Is this for real?
              The first series was quite good and the people on the whole did seem to have at least an ounce of good business sense, but since then they are picking people purely for entertainment - ruined a good show.

Anyone remember that pr&t of an army officer trying to cook sausages on a small camp stove to sell at a french market

Comment

The only good thing about it is watching Sugar's two sidekicks....I suspect they are of the same opinion as the rest of us, and they don't exactly hide it!
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

How in the name of all that is holy could the Girls make a profit!?!?!?!

A chunk of "french bread" the size of a small car with some tomato dumped on top like a bad case of the squirts.....

Soggy flannels ooooops sorry Blinis (sp).......

But the blokes should be shot!

I wouldn't employ any one of them (boy or girl) to clean toilets.....

and that wierd blonde bint who speaks out of the side of her mouth!!!
                  "Blini - I think I have heard of them - I don't know what they are but with our expertise I am sure we can produce some......"

And "Mr Negotiation!!" Ha!!!!

MN - £65 per head
                  Punter - **** off tosser
                  MN - £50.... errrr £40...
                  P - Wan.....
                  MN - Err £25... £20.... errrrr £17.50 what about £15???

No doubt he describes himself as the ultimate hard headed entrepreneur..... *rse wipe!!!!

Comment

It makes me laugh how every task is based on selling the cheapest crap for maximum profit margin, no attempt to deliver a quality product that will generate repeat business.

‘Sirallan’ built his entire business empire on this principle; if Sky offered people a choice of manufacturers when installing a digi box he’d be running a market stall rather than pretending to be Donald Trump.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X