• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

All my contractors returned to the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All my contractors returned to the UK

Yesterday I came in and found that no-one in my team had renewed. Everyone had returned back to the UK.

What happened?

They didn't say a word, HR knew they had not renewed their contract, but that's normal, they know we need them, we are often tardy about the paperwork. My project will be cancelled without them!

If you're reading this guys, why did you not discuss it me before you left Belgium? I thought we had a good relationship! But the first I find out is that you all disappeared.

I was hoping it was an April fool, but today is the same.

The agency won't say, only that my key person is starting work in Madrid. What happened? Did Belgium catch the plague? Was it me?

Harsh.

But shouldn't you have clarified the situation a good few weeks before their contract end-date? And with HR?

Comment

What a crock.

Edit: Also Admins what hapened to that 3 posts being vetted before new users are allowed to post rule?
      Call me paranoid but I'd say (a) this is an agent, stupid enough to think we'll fall for this sh*te and go "oooh please hire us then - here's my CV", and that (b) CUK have just let him in by the back door.
      Last edited by SallyAnne; 2 April 2009, 11:48.
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

I hope this is real... but I doubt it.

Comment

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

What a crock.

Edit: Also Admins what hapened to that 3 posts being vetted before new users are allowed to post rule?
            Call me paranoid but I'd say (a) this is an agent, stupid enough to think we'll fall for this sh*te and go "oooh please hire us then - here's my CV", and that (b) CUK have just let him in by the back door.
            dunno about the 3-post rule. it seems to have lapsed. in any case, real or not, it's just a tad funny - unless of course you happen to be the gl_team pm

Comment

Originally posted by GL Team View Post
              They didn't say a word,
              Sounds like YOU didn't say much!

HR knew they had not renewed their contract,
              and hoped we could bounce them into re-signing at the last minute??

but that's normal,
              Quite!

they know we need them

Although I/we have never actually told them that

we are often tardy about the paperwork.
              Quite!

My project will be cancelled without them!
              I believe the phrase starts with Tough and ends in Itty

If you're reading this guys, why did you not discuss it me before you left Belgium?
              See above
              I thought we had a good relationship! But the first I find out is that you all disappeared.
              You know - the sort of good relationship where I treat you with contempt and just expect you will do what I want....

Was it me?
              Probably not JUST you........ but I doubt if you helped!

Shirley this was a troll and I have just wasted 2mins of my life replying?

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post

I hope this is real... but I doubt it.
                Yeah, me too. You'd never find two contractors who trusted each other enough to go through with something like this, let alone a whole team of them.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                  What a crock.

Sally, who ever said three posts were vetted? The initial moderation count is actually higher than this and has not lapsed.

You are paranoid. This is not the first time you have seen a conspiracy that did not exist...

I just approved the post as it amused me and thought is may entertain some of you too rather than cause the anguish and shock it seems to have caused you. I don't know if the poster was real or not and if it is fishing then it will not work as the poster is a new user so subsequent posts will be moderated (so they will not be able to get an email address through) and as a new user they have no access to the PM system.

Comment

Tsk. Blatantly the admins are in on this too - It's attracted too much attention from them too soon.

Hah - you thought you could fool us, moderator-types! <waggles finger> We know it's part of Zeity's cunning masterplan.

Comment

Working...
                    X