• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Top 10 predictions for the future

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top 10 predictions for the future

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sciencean...ture-1-10.html

Fook me. How boring, lacking in imagination and lame.

All we can say about the future is - Grey Slates remain as - Grey Slates.

Comment

Seems a tad optimistic. Where's the war and pillaging followed by a return to hunter-gathering prediction?

Comment

5: Intelligent advertising posters (2015)
        Advertising gets personal. Posters that adjust to your presence and address you personally become as common as TV ads tailored to your profile.
        A bit like the Iraqi roadside bombs that go off when they sense an American passport?

Comment

The biggest revolution is the next few years is the biological one whereby human beings finally start manipulating their genes to improve themselves - pulling themeselves up by their bootstraps so to speak.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

The real fun is predicting where the next war to meet the US "defence" industry's insatiable demands will be...assuming it isn't Iran.

I'm going for Syria.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
              The real fun is predicting where the next war to meet the US "defence" industry's insatiable demands will be...assuming it isn't Iran.

I'm going for Syria.
              Donb't think so. O'bummer's strategy seems to be to make friends with the western educated leader of Syria (doesn't he have an English wife?) in the hopes of using him as a counter-balance to Iran's influence in the region.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

The FTSE 100 will reach 10,000
                Bored.

Comment

5: Intelligent advertising posters (2015)

Advertising gets personal. Posters that adjust to your presence and address you personally become as common as TV ads tailored to your profile.
                  So people look forward to being manipulated in a more intelligent way?

10: Active contact lenses (2018)

These will project words and images into the eye. We will also be able to download software to influence our dreams and share them with others.
                  This would be fecking great if it wasn't for No.5 where no doubt Ronald McDonald would flash up right before your eyes to tell you about yet another mechanically recovered meat product dressed up as nutrition every 5 minutes …shut your eyes and he’d still be there.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    So people look forward to being manipulated in a more intelligent way?
                    .... a more personalised marketing experience ....

Advertisers will claim that this is a customer benefit because it reduces irrelevant ads. As if you do want to be advertised at, but would prefer more targeted advertising. I am not making this up, I am lifting the phrases from Phorm, the company that is getting your ISP to tell them your browsing habits so that they can target you better for advertising.
                    Last edited by expat; 2 April 2009, 09:53.

Comment

Working...
                    X