• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job of the day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job of the day

The "highly motivated "developer is not going to be that highly motivated when they see the rate....

My client based in Glasgow is looking for a highly motivated Developer with experience of supporting both .Net and Java technologies to come on board for an initial 6 Month Contract. The Max rate is £275ppd.

The client is a worldwide leader in providing employee benefits for SME to Bluechip companies.

Skills Required:

.Net(2.0+), ASP.NET, C#
    Java (1.5)
    Spring
    Hibernate
    If you are interested in the position, act fast as my client is offering an immediate start for the right candidate.

Please send CV ASAP to be considered for the opportunity. We have interview slots waiting to be filled for this week.

Please accept my apology if this reaches you in error.

Thanks & Kind Regards

Spring Technology
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

£275ppd buys a lot of Special Brew in Glasgow

Comment

Some mug will prolly take this and bring all the rates down.

I tend to think that if you pay peanuts ....
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

If Jobserve is anything to go by, £275 is towards the top end of rates for that skillset at the mo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
          The "highly motivated "developer is not going to be that highly motivated when they see the rate....
          Inexperienced and desperate
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Sometimes it irks me when you (some of) you guys give it the "I wouldn't get of of bed for that type of money" routine. Who do you think you are? Kate Moss???

1) You have to face it that the world is changing. For those not currently contracting, I'm sure many would prefer that to nothing.

2) It does equate to over £60k a year (not a trifling sum) assuming you work for 44 weeks a year.

3) An (initial) six month contract might well see you through to the sunny side of life when markets may well have picked up.

I know that there are costs involved, especially if you have to move location for one of these contracts, but get real guys. I also appreciate that there are certain activities/job roles/niches that will command more money than others.

Evolve or become extinct!

Discuss
            'elf and safety guru

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Inexperienced and desperate
              I'd hate to find words to describe the person who applies for this one then:

http://www.jobserve.com/WEA455D356F2A1BC5.jsjob

Comment

Originally posted by thelace View Post
                Sometimes it irks me when you (some of) you guys give it the "I wouldn't get of of bed for that type of money" routine. Who do you think you are? Kate Moss???

1) You have to face it that the world is changing. For those not currently contracting, I'm sure many would prefer that to nothing.

2) It does equate to over £60k a year (not a trifling sum) assuming you work for 44 weeks a year.

3) An (initial) six month contract might well see you through to the sunny side of life when markets may well have picked up.

I know that there are costs involved, especially if you have to move location for one of these contracts, but get real guys. I also appreciate that there are certain activities/job roles/niches that will command more money than others.

Discuss
                ARE YOU A PIMP?
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Discuss
                  Kate Moss Rocks !

Comment

Discuss
                    Its in Glasgow!
                    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                    X