• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The CUK doom/gloom/happiness/financial prediction thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The CUK doom/gloom/happiness/financial prediction thread

Let's start a thread with future predictions and then revisit at a later date to see who got it right/wrong.

I'll start by predicting that Gold falls to around $680.
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

I predict sas and cybertory's love affair will deepen, they will get married now that it's legal, and then emigrate to California to live happily ever after.

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I predict a Riot

Comment

I predict that due to homo sapiens innate, evolutionary and biological propensity to see patterns where none exist, that short term prediction of the markets is essentially useless.
        Money will continue to be made and lost by luck.
        Those who make it will post-hoc rationalise that it was due to their superior intelligence and insight.
        Those who lose it will try to find a better "system".

Both are deluded.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

FTSE100 will be >5000 by March 31st 2010.
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
            Let's start a thread with future predictions and then revisit at a later date to see who got it right/wrong.

I'll start by predicting that Gold falls to around $680.
            I predict it will rise to $2000
            Bored.

Comment

Our entire Solar System ,including the Earth and Sun - will be destroyed in 3 Billions Years following the collision with the Andromeda Galaxy rendering any rememberance of your puny existence in the Cosmos to be utterly meaningless.

The Future is - Starless and Bible-Black.
              Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 2 April 2009, 11:49.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                I predict that due to homo sapiens innate, evolutionary and biological propensity to see patterns where none exist, that short term prediction of the markets is essentially useless.
                Money will continue to be made and lost by luck.
                Those who make it will post-hoc rationalise that it was due to their superior intelligence and insight.
                Those who lose it will try to find a better "system".

Both are deluded.
                The same could be said for climate change... or is that different?
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                  If my predictions turn out to be right though, there won't be any revisiting at a later date.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
                    If my predictions turn out to be right though, there won't be any revisiting at a later date.
                    So either no-one will read it or you'll get laughed at.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X