• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

On the bench

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the bench

On the bench since February. Not one interview. OH is beginning to think that I'll never get a contract again.

Just imagine if that were true: I wouldn't need this any more so I could start being really rude to youse.

Chin-up, this is my 4th week and things are only just moving from applications I put in during my last gig.
    Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
      On the bench since February. Not one interview. OH is beginning to think that I'll never get a contract again.

Just imagine if that were true: I wouldn't need this any more so I could start being really rude to youse.
      What's your skillset out of interest? Interviews have seemed pretty rare for me over the last month but as everyone keeps saying we are now at the mythical year end hiring unfreeeze so we'll all be back in jobs in 3 weeks time.

Comment

you all

Just because you're on the bench doesn't mean you should let your standards slip by talking in geordie.
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I thought you had a big pension and were close to retiring?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
            you all

Just because you're on the bench doesn't mean you should let your standards slip by talking in geordie.
            Glaswegian, with the "e" at the end!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              I thought you had a big pension and were close to retiring?
              More like tiny and declining pension; and close to tiring.

Comment

Glaswegian, with the "e" at the end!
                Even worse!
                "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
                  What's your skillset out of interest? Interviews have seemed pretty rare for me over the last month but as everyone keeps saying we are now at the mythical year end hiring unfreeeze so we'll all be back in jobs in 3 weeks time.
                  Siebel especially back-end. I.e. data manipulation, DB config etc. Bit of a risk of being typecast as a data migration tuning guy.

Can do other stuff but after 10 years Siebel, if you remove that from the CV, what's left is not really enough to pay the mortgage. BTW there's bugger all Siebel in the UK, especially new stuff. Happily I do German and French, but it does mean that the year-end doesn't happen now (that's just the UK).

Comment

been quiet for 3 weeks now

Comment

Working...
                    X