• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone heard of iProfile?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone heard of iProfile?

I found a very old copy of my CV stored on there <shock>, which I have now deleted. Is this outfit reputable, known, etc?

The iProfile CV has become the online CV template of choice for over 2 million individuals and thousands of recruiters. Here's why:...
    http://www.iprofile.org/

Interesting comment on there about including your whole address on a CV though. Is it worth removing address, DOB, credit card PIN numbers , etc from a CV?

Yeah, it's some bollox that some agencies try to get you to sign up to.

Usually they try to get you to fill it in, but I gave up every time - that's wtf I have a CV for. Can't be arsed retyping it into every database around. Prob some agent put it in there for you.
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

they also seem to get hacked on a regular basis, be warned
      Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Yes, been on about that before on this board.

It was Huxley that put it on there.

I sent an email to them and said that if I found my CV on there again I would get my solicitors on them, I told Huxley to remove all of my details from their databases and if they ever contacted me again they would be contacted from my solicitors.

Comment

Sometimes an agent that uses iProfile will fill one in for you, probably erroneously. Then other agents will contact you based on that first agent's info. You have to get your "lost" password from iProfile, then you can delete your profile. Unfortunately this doesn't stop some other pimp from doing it all over again.

What does stop it is this:

Complete all sections of your profile. The entries are not apparently verified even for plausibility.

Once your profile is 100% complete, it is then locked and pimps can't update it any more.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
            Sometimes an agent that uses iProfile will fill one in for you, probably erroneously. Then other agents will contact you based on that first agent's info. You have to get your "lost" password from iProfile, then you can delete your profile. Unfortunately this doesn't stop some other pimp from doing it all over again.

What does stop it is this:

Complete all sections of your profile. The entries are not apparently verified even for plausibility.

Once your profile is 100% complete, it is then locked and pimps can't update it any more.
            No wonder they bang on about identity theft on that site. It seems our CVs are public property after we pass them to agents.

Comment

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...lecentral.html

Comment

I've tried my last 3 different email addresses with all the passwords I can think of but no luck. I know there’s 2 or 3 different profiles on there that will all be well out of date which could cost me a gig.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  No wonder they bang on about identity theft on that site. It seems our CVs are public property after we pass them to agents.
                  Well, I've had mine on the web for over 10 years, so I can't complain that it's public. But misusing it might be misrepresenting me.

Comment

Working...
                  X