• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parasol & evidence letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parasol & evidence letters

I've been having a bit of trouble with Parasol providing me validated proof of earnings lately. As I'm an Australian expat, I need official letters from my employer to prove my earnings to extend my visa. However, lately, Parasol seems to be very very reluctant to send out official documents:

1. I asked for a statement of earnings letter. Their reply: SOE letters are now only given out for visa applicant reasons - to prove that I'm doing a visa app, they want me to show them a letter from the Home Office saying its required before they'd issue a SOE to me.

2. Asked for an employer's reference letter. The letter now explicitly states that they are no longer able to comment on the employee's salary, for earnings, please refer to payslips

3. I asked for my original rental contract back in the post, they say that they cannot give that back once its been used for expense claims!

4. Payslips which are signed and stamped now cost £2 per payslip... I don't mind this one as much tho...

I think Parasol customer service has taken a nosedive recently. The first line of response just seems to want ot fob you off with any old answer. Try and get the name of someone e.g. in contracts, and email them directly rather than the members@parasol which are pretty useless.

Comment

bit of a shame really they used to be good - but the recession bites us all hard and as such I guess they need to get less people to do more.

Thus being fobbed off by first line support - they are targetted on getting the call over in 3 minutes - not on actually solving the problem....

Even though they are your employer I do not think there is any legal requirement for them to provide statements of earnings, confirmation of salary etc - however they do seem to make out they are on of the best Umbrellas and as such you would expect a little bit of service from them.

Do any of the other larger brollies (or even small ones) offer this sort of service??

on the subject of e-mails - get a name and try forename.surname@parasol.....
      that should work - problem is it will probably only get forwarded to the members@ addresses.

if you really wanna annoy them clog up their 0800 sales line.....

Comment

Working...
      X