• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is the death knell ringing for IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the death knell ringing for IR35

Interesting Article here http://www.recruiter.co.uk/is-the-de...001136.article

"As far as the PCG knows, 1,462 of 1,468 investigations into contractors launched by HMRC have resulted in no extra tax being owed." was reasuring to hear.

I just hope they don't replace IR35 with something completely outragous.

Comments anyone ?
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 7 October 2011, 12:06.

that's the scary thing, if the legislation does not work they will introduce new legislation that they hope will work in their favour.
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Didn't you hear? The government owes >£1 Trillion. You really think tax is going to be "cut" by abolishing a (supposed) revenue earner? Dream on.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

I heard that IR35 is going to be retrospectively clarified back to 1999.

Comment

cite?
          "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
          "See?"

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I heard that IR35 is going to be retrospectively clarified back to 1999.
            Yes I heard that too.

Serves all those tax avoiding scumbags right for avoiding IR35 and all the tax that was due for the last 10 years.

I hope everyone still has the money + interest, or they could be in a spot of bother.

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
              that's the scary thing, if the legislation does not work they will introduce new legislation that they hope will work in their favour.
              IR666

Comment

[QUOTE=helen7;812858]
                tax avoiding scumbags QUOTE]

We're not all "Permietractors" you know. I've been on 9 separate short term contracts over the last 4 years and very much consider myself in business in my own right. The IR, however, would probably like to have it their way.
                Tax avoiding scumbags sounds a little strong. I trust you were being ironic!

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                  Didn't you hear? The government owes >£1 Trillion. You really think tax is going to be "cut" by abolishing a (supposed) revenue earner? Dream on.

Hasn't IR35 cost them loads more than it reels in?
                  Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
                    Hasn't IR35 cost them loads more than it reels in?
                    Bound to have done, but when the question has been raised in the house of commons the answer given by the minister was that "HMRC don't keep records of costs for individual cases" so there is no way of proving it.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X