• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Careful darlin'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Careful darlin'

There I was riding my bike, leading the peleton, as I do, when a lady shot out of a junction. I only just missed her and carried on.

A chap behind me shouts "Careful darlin'!"

"Oh", thinks I, "another English type person, I shall say hello."

At the next set of traffic lights I turn and say "That was a near miss hey?"

"Hva' siger du?" comes the reply.

"Sorry, I thought you spoke English."

"Hva'?"

So, did he speak Danish and I just understood it without realising what language he was speaking? Spooky...
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

and then I woke up. YAWN!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I think it was your gaurdian angel warning of the danger that waits you ... keep yer eyes open !!!

Comment

Oh good, something else to put into your blog. My, what an interesting life you do lead.

Comment

There I was riding my bike, leading the peleton, as I do, when a lady shot out of a junction. I only just missed her and carried on blah blah blah
          Postings like this remind me why I don't mix with other IT people outside of work.

Comment

So there I was riding my bike when this hot chick comes round the corner. "Careful darlin!" I shouted. Imagine my surprise when the extremely fat bloke wobbling on his bike ahead of me starts talking to me. Extremely obese, he also had a personal hygiene problem. God, how he smelled! Guessing he was some kind of IT nerd, I pretended to be Danish so I didn't have to speak to him.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
            X