• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed / Doomed - Delete as applicable

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed / Doomed - Delete as applicable

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7980813.stm

UK house prices fell by 1.9% in March compared with the previous month, according to the Halifax.

The lender - now part of Lloyds Banking Group - said that conditions in the housing market would remain tough for the rest of the year.

The average UK home now costs £157,226, at least £30,000 less than a year ago.

The figures failed to echo the slight rise in prices in March reported by the Nationwide, with the Halifax saying that consumer confidence was still low.

The annual rate of decline eased slightly, with prices down 17.5% in March compared with a record drop of 17.7% in February.

This annual figure is based on a three-month by three-month comparison. When comparing the average price from March compared with March 2008, the drop was 17.6%.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/image...rices04_09.gif

So Nationwide say boomed and Halifax say doomed?

I'd say doomed.

Definitely doomed. Plenty more falls to come.

It's amazing how anybody believed that the Nationwide figures showed a turnaround.

Comment

As I have said many times, it just goes to prove that you should look at actual sale prices at the Land Registry and ignore Estate Agents and B/Ss who have an obvious conflict of interest. A 4-Bed detached sold in my area for 350K last month, so not looking too bad at all here in lovely Berkshire.

Comment

Working...
      X