• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Google to buy Twatter?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google to buy Twatter?

What a bloody good move in the short term for them..if you think about it..and if its true

Google not commenting on Twitter story
    N/A

Google has been rumoured to be in 'late stage' talks to buy microblogging site Twitter, although the company is not commenting on the story.

Twitter has been the phenomenon of 2009, becoming a huge success and attracting both a massive audience and huge media coverage.

Links to Google make a lot of sense, which is why TechCrunch's revelation from two unnamed sources suggesting talks were proceeding has hit the headlines.

Rumour and speculation

"Here's a heck of a rumor that we've sourced from two separate people close to the negotiations: Google is in late stage negotiations to acquire Twitter," said TechCrunch.

TechRadar rang Google for any official comment and were told by a spokesman: "We don't comment on rumour and speculation."

Making money

Despite its massive audience Twitter has yet to find a model that makes money from its popularity.

In terms of monetising online traffic, there is no biggest player than Google – which has used its advertising wing to move from a brilliant idea to a massive business.

A third unnamed source suggested to TechCrunch that talks were still in the early stages, but TechRadar will be following the story as it continues to evolve.

http://tech.uk.msn.com/news/article....entid=15678922

I thought this was twitter?

Inane ramblings by a bunch of anonymous nobodies…
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Anyone that uses twitter is a moron.

"I am going to the pub now"

*cheer*

"just had my first pint and it tasted great"

*cheer*

If I had a gun...

Technology used to be exciting and a way of enabling the world to work smarter. Now we just have it as a tool for morons to talk tulip to the world.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        Anyone that uses twitter is a moron.

"I am going to the pub now"

*cheer*

"just had my first pint and it tasted great"

*cheer*

If I had a gun...

Technology used to be exciting and a way of enabling the world to work smarter. Now we just have it as a tool for morons to talk tulip to the world.
        Oh the irony!

Comment

Away and iron your little gay apron Grand Wizard, the goats are waiting for you down at the club.

Comment

I agree - the very concept of it is a FAD - but its user base is HUUUUUUUUUGE and for a 24 month period would yield a phenominal marketing opp as well as revenue...but I guess Google interest would be integration into there offerings.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              Oh the irony!

Mods, can you limit CUK posts to 140 characters, please?

Comment

Working...
              X