• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Need a special way to remember Jade?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a special way to remember Jade?

Look no further: http://www.candles-by-laurence.com/jade.htm

I tried my best not to follow anything related to her, however I have a question to those who do: how much money did she leave to cancer charities?

Comment

Another Dead "Celeb" cash in? yet more money for the coffers?
      Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

I heard someone on the radio today mention a "deranged Jade Goody fan".

Tautology, surely...

Comment

Who?
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

What ?
            Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              I tried my best not to follow anything related to her, however I have a question to those who do: how much money did she leave to cancer charities?
              http://www.beverleyguardian.co.uk/ne...-in.5121849.jp

Unlike all other upcoming biographies of the star, the publishers of Jade - Remember me this way, which is published on April 6, have agreed to donate all profits to Jade's chosen charity, Marie Curie Cancer Care.

Comment

So, she did not leave any money from her existing considerable fortune substantial chunk of which she made no doubt due to her recent publicity and she opted to donate some future possibly non-existant or small profits from book about her?

I could appreciate if she left some decent money to her children, however, if she really was genuine she should have put most of her money to cancer related charities. Can't say I am suprised to see what she opted to do.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  I could appreciate if she left some decent money to her children, however, if she really was genuine she should have put most of her money to cancer related charities. Can't say I am suprised to see what she opted to do.
                  Is this a new law then? You have to donate to the illness related charity that you die of? As far as I'm aware, she did not complain that the reason she died was because the cancer charities didn't have enough money to provide the financial means to find a cure, or didn't do their bit in general.

She left a trust fund for her children, her priority, raised cervical cancer awareness, and the profit from her book, which will be considerable, is going to be donated to charity.

Sorry, but I don't see any wrongdoing there at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinto View Post
                    Is this a new law then? You have to donate to the illness related charity that you die of? As far as I'm aware, she did not complain that the reason she died was because the cancer charities didn't have enough money to provide the financial means to find a cure, or didn't do their bit in general.

She left a trust fund for her children, her priority, raised cervical cancer awareness, and the profit from her book, which will be considerable, is going to be donated to charity.

Sorry, but I don't see any wrongdoing there at all.
                    If it was a law, then I for one am well and truly fckd.
                    It will be the beer that kills me, as I am giving the breweries all my money whilst still alive, is it really fair that I leave them loads of money in my will?
                    I'll ask mrs EO when she brings my next can in from the kitchen

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X