• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dan Hannan for PM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dan Hannan for PM

Surely Daniel Hannan, who tore Brown to pieces at the European parliament, viewed by 2 million people on youtube, should be crowned leader of the Conservative party and then become Prime Minister.

If not, why not? Cameron is too inept and Blair-like.

Winning general election requires getting center ground votes as well as those from Labour - one speech does not make a leader in any case.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Winning general election requires getting center ground votes as well as those from Labour - one speech does not make a leader in any case.
      I don't agree with your BBC-like idea of where the centre ground is.

Comment

It was a very good speech, but one speech does not make someone a good leader.

I did a great best-man's speech once, but I wasn't invited to direct operations in the honeymoon suite.

Comment

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
          I don't agree with your BBC-like idea of where the centre ground is.
          You can't win unless you get voters from the other side to vote for you - the more extreme you are the less likely you will attract moderate voters who are necessary to win the General Election.

If that guy was so good he'd be UK MP rather than Euro MP.

Comment

You can't win unless you get voters from the other side to vote for you - the more extreme you are the less likely you will attract moderate voters who are necessary to win the General Election.
            ...so that means the tories need to more to be more liberal-left, which is nonsense. Maggie didn't need to. People want a change of the failing liberal-left administration, not a continuation. Cameron does not represent a change.

Comment

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
              Cameron does not represent a change.
              He is in winning position already, all he needs to do is avoid making some big stupid mistake - this means keeping your mouth shut more often than not, any radical emotional attacks can backfire big time. He just needs to look reasonable while current administration runs this country into the ground.

Comment

Linky please? I'd like to see this.

Comment

He is in winning position already,
                  true conservatives don't want cameron to carry on with a liberal-left administration

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                    Linky please? I'd like to see this.
                    just search for hannan on youtube.
                    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                    X