• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So who thinks the G20 nations have saved the world economy?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So who thinks the G20 nations have saved the world economy?

Based on analysis I receive, we are in for a few months of a bear rally, before the collapse of the bailout programs that promise to "save the world". Chaos will descend, governments will fail and the people will take to the streets to riot.

So what do you think? Lets put it to a vote:
    We are already in a bull market, line your pockets with shares.
    0.00%
    The bailout programs will work, this is the start of a bull market.
    0.00%
    After a short rally, the markets will collapse like never before.
    43.75%
    Complete failure of bailouts, chaos, civil disobedience, riots and looting.
    31.25%
    I dont know who AndyW is but felt compelled to add this option.
    25.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by SantaClaus; 3 April 2009, 22:00.
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

No-one really knows what tomorrow will bring.
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

I vote for "not much difference"
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
        Based on analysis I receive, we are in for a few months of a bear rally, before the collapse of the bailout programs that promise to "save the world". Chaos will descend, governments will fail and the people will take to the streets to riot.
        Sadly, your received analysis may well prove to be correct.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Great andyw option!

I think Armstrong will be sort of correct. Sometime over next few months will be a crash in share prices : but after that we will see recovery. I dont believe we will see riots or mass civil disobedience.

I also think we will avoid depression : I believe GDP will drop by between 6% and 9%

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
            Chaos will descend, governments will fail and the people will take to the streets to riot.
            I don't see chaos and rioting, most people have no understanding of what's going on. If we assume all the banks are bust, what would happen? The government would step in to keep them functioning, credit would not be available, businesses that are reliant on credit will close, large number of job losses. Your typical person in the street believes in money. They will continue to exchange these bits of paper amongst one another in exchange for things. This momentum will prevent a sudden catastrophe that will result in rioting.

Not with a bang.

Keep your options open!

Comment

I don't think that people have rioting in them anymore. Wednesday should have been a massive rumble, really there was only a few hundred middle class kids causing a bit of mild grief.

I suppose in the 70s politics played a big part in people's day to day life, there really was not much else to get interested in, we are too concerned now with our XBOX ranking and what is on our 500 TV channels.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                I don't think that people have rioting in them anymore. Wednesday should have been a massive rumble, really there was only a few hundred middle class kids causing a bit of mild grief.

I suppose in the 70s politics played a big part in people's day to day life, there really was not much else to get interested in, we are too concerned now with our XBOX ranking and what is on our 500 TV channels.
                There was just an incredible media hype around the G20. But don't worry trouble is on the way. Wait until unemployment reaches the 3 million mark...

Comment

Unemployment really is about 8 million, going from 1.5 to 3 is a big jump but really it is going to be a 8 to 9.5 jump.

Comment

I have no idea, I'm an IT contractor.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X