• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

F1 farce again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F1 farce again

They start the race at 5PM local time purely for commercial TV reasons, like most tropical climates it rains a lot in the evening, in fact it’s like clockwork at this time of the year.

Another example of commercial TV ruining sport.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    They start the race at 5PM local time purely for commercial TV reasons, like most tropical climates it rains a lot in the evening, in fact it’s like clockwork at this time of the year.

Another example of commercial TV ruining sport.
    My Sky+ box doesn't care if the race starts at 09:00 or 04:00... and I watch the race when I get up...

So I don't exactly appreciate the later starts anyway...

Comment

I never really watch the sport but stuck it on to see who is winning and watched most of the race.

A much more interesting spectacle that it used to be. There actually seems to be racing going on now.

Comment

Great result for Button again. Think this could be the most interesting years ever (unless Button walks it!).

Next thing is he'll probably get disqualified for having an illegal car?

PS Don't rely on Sky Plus I recorded City in the UEFA CUp the other day and it went to extra time and penalties and sky plus cut-off the recording at full time!! (so a delayed start to the race could have the same affect!!).

Comment

The multi millionaire drivers threw a wobbly.

When it rains F1 gets interesting so they cancel the race! I hope the sponsors ask for a percentage of their cash back.

Comment

Originally posted by PropertyCrashUK View Post

When it rains F1 gets interesting so they cancel the race! I hope the sponsors ask for a percentage of their cash back.
            Loved the look on Lewis Hamilton's face when the BBC told him he 'finished' 7th, not 5th - apparently no-one in his team thought to tell him that.

But after two races and McLaren and Ferrari have only scored one point between all four cars. Still makes for an interesting season.

Comment

No one threw a wobbly, the race manager quite rightly halted the race for safety reasons. No-one in their right mind drives in inches of surface water at 150 mph+ with zero visibility. F1 Drivers are brave, but the are not stupid.

What racing there was, was very good. The changes to car geometry this year seem to have made a big difference and a race is now actually a race.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

You weren't watching how cars were spinning out all over the shop while following the safety car then? If they can't stay on the track under zero pressure how can they sensibly race?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                X