• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Menus to display calorie counts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Menus to display calorie counts

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7981987.stm

At last, eating-out will be exposed for the total con it is - though it would be preferable for them to be required to display cost per calorie, saving some mental arithmetic after being enticed inside. As for drinking out, that is clearly a super-duper rip-off as the best beverage (water) can be obtained totally free from the local river.

Supermarkets should display these value-for-money labels too. e.g. cost per Calorie and per gram of protein. Then you would see what a total rip off many 'foods' are, especially for example bottled water. I'm fed up with going around the supermarket with calculator in hand working out whether to buy beef or chicken, butter or lard, or bananas or potatoes. Bananas do seem like good value btw.

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7981987.stm

Bananas do seem like good value btw.
    In my teens, the word on the street was that you could bake the skins, then smoke the skin scrapings to get high as a kite.
    Wonder if it actually worked.

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      In my teens, the word on the street was that you could bake the skins, then smoke the skin scrapings to get high as a kite.
      the piss ripped out of you by everyone in on the joke as you puked your guts out........

Ooooops no sorry thats just smoking!

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
        the piss ripped out of you by everyone in on the joke as you puked your guts out........

Ooooops no sorry thats just smoking!
        the other one was cherryB and cider. Guarenteed to get a bird trolleyed. aka a 'leg opener' - that one DID work
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)

Comment

I view this like I view the use of mobiles phones on planes - a bad idea. I eat out because I want to enjoy myself - not go on some guilt trip. It's not as if I eat out all the time.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
            I view this like I view the use of mobiles phones on planes - a bad idea. I eat out because I want to enjoy myself - not go on some guilt trip. It's not as if I eat out all the time.
            I had a little chuckle this morning when Worral-whatshisfkingname said, 'this is the nanny state, let people eat out in peace'

Peace is the last thing you get !! Blooming waiters coming over every 14.5 seconds asking if everything is ok.
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
              Thats probably because you are old and boring and live in the sticks.

What about the rest of us!
              The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Working...
              X