• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How long will it take to fix the economy?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long will it take to fix the economy?

It looks as if Gordon and co. have turned an allegedly golden economy into tulip in 12 years. They have also done much more. Admittedly other countries share some of our economic woes. How long will it take to fix this mess, if it can be fixed at all? Have we shot our bolt? Are we up the Swannie without a hand held method of propulsion? Is our goose at the required temperature throughout?

What worries me most is our population size and public sector sector salaries. Is hyper-inflation, disease and famine the only hope? How do we support 61 million people and growing?

Oh dear.

Still, as long as we keep our open door immigration policy we should be fine.

(A poll would appear to be appropriate at this point, but can't be even be arsed to think up an excuse why I haven't made one)

It cannot be fixed under Labour.

Comment

Not long if every taxpayer coughs up about £100,000 extra.

HTH

Comment

"How long will it take to fix the economy?"

I'd start from here:

1. Deport bankers and their fellow travellers, who produce nothing of any value. Sequistrate their assets and send them by the boatload to the Sahara Desert.

2. Deport the workshy, who are on benefits and produce nothing of value.

3. Deport the half of public service workers who do nothing of value.

4. Deport all politicians.

5. Pull up the drawbridge.

6. Rip up the 80% of red tape that does little more than hold back enterprise.

Those left will get the economy back on track within weeks.

Of course, none of this will happen, so count on 10 years of gloom instead.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          It looks as if Gordon and co. have turned an allegedly golden economy into tulip in 12 years. They have also done much more. Admittedly other countries share some of our economic woes.
          No tulip!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
            It cannot be fixed under Labour.
            I agree with that. But I dont believe DC can fix it either.

We need a good dose of austerity.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Nope - we just need to invade France. It'll work I tell ya!!!
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
                Nope - we just need to invade France. It'll work I tell ya!!!
                We can practice with the Isle of Wight.

Comment

very long. There's no sign of recovering yet. And while all countries have their own recessions the world economy is in even bigger recession.
                  it will all end up in tears

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Cutting spending will be a good start and there really is no other party that would do it.

Comment

Working...
                    X