• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Benefits......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benefits......

The Mrs is out of work. And 4 months pregnant.

Thing is ....if she wasn't pregnant she'd be able to sign onto JSA and look for work. Because she's pregnant she isnt looking for work so cant get JSA or anything.

This strikes me as strange.

I'm not saying we need the money but surely the lass should be entitled to claim something, especially being pregnant and unemployed.

In another 5 months she'll be able to claim child allowance. Also she can now claim her 190 quid for healthy pregnancies.

Comment

In another 5 months she'll be able to claim child allowance. Also she can now claim her 190 quid for healthy pregnancies.
      Child support is £20 a week - for the kids nappies.

But nothing for her. I sound like a money grabber but she's paid her taxes..! Surely she should be entiteled to a JSA style thing for new mothers/pregnant women.

Comment

It's all your fault, if you weren't married she would get tuliploads
        Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by NetwkSupport View Post

But nothing for her. I sound like a money grabber but she's paid her taxes..! Surely she should be entiteled to a JSA style thing for new mothers/pregnant women.
          Make sure to vote Labour next time, party of the family.
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

It's all your fault, if you weren't married she would get tuliploads
            We are not married?

Comment

Can't she argue she's looking for work modelling maternity clothes?

Comment

The Mrs is out of work. And 4 months pregnant.

Thing is ....if she wasn't pregnant she'd be able to sign onto JSA and look for work. Because she's pregnant she isnt looking for work so cant get JSA or anything.

This strikes me as strange.

I'm not saying we need the money but surely the lass should be entitled to claim something, especially being pregnant and unemployed.

Are you sure?
                It is illegal not to employ anyone because they are pregnant so surely you can claim JSA. Quick look around states you can not claim JSA if you are:

within eleven weeks of the baby being due OR · before that date, but are “incapable of work” because of difficulties with the pregnancy
                Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Can't she argue she's looking for work modelling maternity clothes?
                  I actually suggested that, she shot me a look and said:

when you idiot? oh i know why dont i do it in between being sick, feeling dizzy, wetting myself and sleeping?

Comment

To get JSA you need to be 'available for work', so obviously she fails on that count. If she had left a job to have the baby she would get paid maternity leave.

Comment

Working...
                    X