• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Proper doom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proper doom

Working away atm so find I spend my evenings on google. Been quite interested in all this global currency malarky.

Lots of very convincing conspiracy stuff out there. Fox news seem to love this stuff.

Top things predicted to happen in the very near future.

Collapse of the dollar
    Super-soveriegn currency to replace dollar and be used internationally as a reserve currency.
    Biometric ID cards (with retina information) to be brought in to the UK as early as next year, Thales SA have won a £36.6m contract to design, build and implement this system as we speak.

Just thought it'd be interesting to get some opinions.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Working away atm so find I spend my evenings on google. Been quite interested in all this global currency malarky.

Lots of very convincing conspiracy stuff out there. Fox news seem to love this stuff.

Collapse of the dollar
    Super-soveriegn currency to replace dollar and be used internationally as a reserve currency.
    Biometric ID cards (with retina information) to be brought in to the UK as early as next year, Thales SA have won a £36.6m contract to design, build and implement this system as we speak.

You actually think it is worth asking anyone on cuk?

FWIW I hope the $ collapses : I fancy a cheap holiday to Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      You actually think it is worth asking anyone on cuk?

FWIW I hope the $ collapses : I fancy a cheap holiday to Florida.
      But I love you guys.

Comment

Collapse of the dollar
        The Chinese won't let that happen. It will get weaker slowly but won't collapse.

What is it going to collapse against? EURO - with PIIGS dragging it down? Great British Krona? Gold which we spend lots of money getting out of the ground so we can put it back in the ground in a vault somewhere.

Comment

But I love you guys.
          Those who come wandering into general find it inhabited by the worst sort of trolls. I am only here while waiting for tpd to wake up.

Are you some sort of masochist?

Comment

Originally posted by scaramanga View Post
            The Chinese won't let that happen. It will get weaker slowly but won't collapse.

What is it going to collapse against? EURO - with PIIGS dragging it down? Great British Krona? Gold which we spend lots of money getting out of the ground so we can put it back in the ground in a vault somewhere.
            Ahhh - didn't take you long to start talking about gold did it my dear Scaramanga

Comment

Originally posted by scaramanga View Post

Interesting Scaramanga. The doom-mongers were saying that the Chinese were fairly certain it was going to happen, which is why they wanted to drop the dollar and move over to a new currency based on SDR (the little lauded Super-Sovereign reserve currency)

There is apparently a shockwave about to come back over here as the other players devalue their currencies (eg Japan) which has the potential to collapse the dollar.

I'm not sure what you mean "what is it going to collapse against", because to me a currency that has collapsed has collapsed against everything.

Comment

Collapse of the dollar

Why do you talk like that?

"Working away..." instead of "I am working away..."
                "Lots of very convincing.." instead of "There are lots of convincing..."
                "Top things predicted..." instead of "There are top things predicted..."

I've seen a couple of people write like this and I always wondered why they did it - do you have a superiority complex or something?
                Or is it the opposite - are you so unconfident about the interest people will have in your post you try to keep it as brief as possible, almost like bullet points?
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Those who come wandering into general find it inhabited by the worst sort of trolls. I am only here while waiting for tpd to wake up.

Are you some sort of masochist?
                  Yes, now please me

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                    Why do you talk like that?

"Working away..." instead of "I am working away..."
                    "Lots of very convincing.." instead of "There are lots of convincing..."
                    "Top things predicted..." instead of "There are top things predicted..."

I've seen a couple of people write like this and I always wondered why they did it - do you have a superiority complex or something?
                    Or is it the opposite - are you so unconfident about the interest people will have in your post you try to keep it as brief as possible, almost like bullet points?
                    "There are" trolls like these Brillo.

Comment

Working...
                    X