• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lake District....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake District....

Hi guys,

We planned to spend Easter in Lake district but my mates took ages to confirm availability. But now, as they have confirmed, it looks like no accomodation available online. We just need a place to spend night because we'll be driving,walking,wandering all day along. Does anyone have any idea about that area?

We are looking for budget options coz we dont have any plans to stay at that place more than 8-9 hours of night.

I tried for a YHA hostel but its fully booked. We can even stay 30 min/1 hr drive from Lake district but as i dont have any clue about that part of England, can someone please let me know.

Originally posted by denver2k View Post
    Hi guys,

We planned to spend Easter in Lake district but my mates took ages to confirm availability. But now, as they have confirmed, it looks like no accomodation available online. We just need a place to spend night because we'll be driving,walking,wandering all day along. Does anyone have any idea about that area?

We are looking for budget options coz we dont have any plans to stay at that place more than 8-9 hours of night.

I tried for a YHA hostel but its fully booked. We can even stay 30 min/1 hr drive from Lake district but as i dont have any clue about that part of England, can someone please let me know.
    Beck Allens in Grasmere. Lovely luxury B&B with superb aga breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by denver2k View Post
      Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

maybe try

http://www.golakes.co.uk/accommodati...t-cumbria.aspx

or

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g1...nd-Hotels.html

and enter the dates your looking for
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I literally lived here when working up 'Norf

Good food. Ask for the room with the big shower.

Its in Ulverston a quaint little town approx 25 mins from Windemere

Lonsdale House Hotel - www.lonsdalehousehotel.co.uk - 01229 582598 - 19 reviews

Comment

If you stay in Grasmere try the locally made gingerbread from gingerbread house (it was invented there and they still make it in the traditional way) absolutely gorgos stuff.

Comment

Hostelworld.com will have something.

Comment

Stayed here this weekend, did the job and near all the mountains.

My top tip would be to climb Pavey Arch, when you get to the lake half way up take Jakes Rake to the top. - Lovely climb!
              l l l http://www.thewantedfans.com

Comment

Serious option, had you considered taking a tent? It's not the warmest time of the year, but the flexibility and cost of camping can pay off.

You weren't specific about how many nights you're staying or if you want to visit multiple locations so my suggestion may be invalid if less than 2 nights.

Comment

I've hired a camper van for me and the kids next week. Trouble is, I reserved it ages ago and never got round to booking anywhere, being a bit of a last-minute organiser, and now it turns out it's Easter weekend and everywhere is booked. D'oh.

I've got somewhere for Monday night and a different place for Tue-Fri, but still a bit stuck for Sat & Sun. Fortunately, we're not that bothered where we go, so something should turn up. Places I've booked are near Durham and then up in Berwick-upon-Tweed. Just need somewhere around Carlisle towards Newcastle for the first couple of nights.

First time I've tried a camper van, and it's a bit of a dry run for a possible continental tour in the Summer. Any tips would be welcome, of course. Like whether you can find a quiet lay-by for the night and get away with it. *cough*

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                    Serious option, had you considered taking a tent? It's not the warmest time of the year, but the flexibility and cost of camping can pay off.

You weren't specific about how many nights you're staying or if you want to visit multiple locations so my suggestion may be invalid if less than 2 nights.
                    We are planning for 3 nights and 4 days. And yes we gona visit multiple places but within Lake district area (presumably thats quite big)

Thanks for your camping idea, but I have noticed that weather might be bit wet, thats why lads are not quite interested in that.

Specially, the statement on www.lake-district.gov.uk about Friday is more than enough to put us away from camping..

A brighter day with some sunshine but also a number of showers during the day. The showers will become heavy with snow above about 700M . Strong southwesterly winds across the tops along with a significant wind-chill effect.

Comment

Working...
                    X