• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How long will Gordon Brown's Economic Depression Last Poll?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long will Gordon Brown's Economic Depression Last Poll?

How long will things be tulip?
    Days
    0.00%
    Weeks
    0.00%
    Months
    2.94%
    Years
    70.59%
    Decades
    23.53%
    The is no recession, it's all in the mind. Andyw.
    2.94%

The poll is expired.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    How long will things be tulip?
    I hope 35 miles is one of the options. I would vote for that.

EDIT: Buggar. What am I going to do now?
    Last edited by Gonzo; 7 April 2009, 11:08. Reason: It wasn't one of the options.

Comment

I've opted to vote for years.

In the short term, I think there will be some signs of hope in the second half of the year.

This will turn to despair when the inflation starts to kick in. Also when the country realises that the financial services industry that it has relied on to generate so much business in London over the past twenty years doesn't return and sets up in the Middle and Far East.

Oh, it did also occur to me the other day that me might end up finding out that the good times over the past twenty years turn out to have been propped up by North Sea Oil. Apparently that is running out too.

Comment

I think the stock markets will start to recover in 2010 and the general economy in 2011. But house prices will not recover until 2013.

Of course those are only accurate to 1%. 1% of 2010 ~ 20 so should be before 2030.

HTH

Comment

I think 10 years minimum.

I don't think anyone can argue that our finances are in their worst state in history - and still getting worse.

Thanks Gordon. Who the f**k let you loose on the controls?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            Thanks Gordon. Who the f**k let you loose on the controls?
            For sure, it wasn't the British voting public
            Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

It will inevitably be years because the high taxes and interest rates that will follow the dithering on public sector cuts will continue to weigh on the growth of the economy.

Comment

All they are trying to do is re-inflate the asset bubble, so the whole thing will happen all over again.

Idiots.
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

IMO decades. The levels of cash being thrown about are just scary. Cannot see any green shoots here and doubt we will for some time to come.

Comment

What do we class as 'over'? When we're in a period of economic growth again or when we return to past boom-times? Hard to think recession conditions (GDP shrinking IIRC) can continue for a long time, but easy to imagine it will be years before things recover properly.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X