• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The speed of light

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The speed of light

How much of my life am I wasting, sitting here in front of my monitor, simply waiting. Waiting for the photons to leave the screen and land on my eyeballs

There MUST be a more efficient way of running this stuff

?

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

dont you are making me laugh

I was talking to our server guys the other day and they are running fibre optic cabling

one of the other business areas asked if there was any way they could speed it up.......

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

I was talking to our server guys the other day and they are running fibre optic cabling

one of the other business areas asked if there was any way they could speed it up.......

omg. its true

many a true word spoken in jest

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        There is.

Unfortunately you end up cased in metal.

http://www.freewebs.com/jacksrandomr...berman2006.jpg
        lol. seems familiar
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)

Comment

Warm the fibres up. The speed of light in a medium is dependant on refractive index which itself is a function of temperature.

HTH

Comment

I believe that objects become heavier the faster they go.

My problem is not that I am fat : it is that I move too fast.

Comment

Warm the fibres up. The speed of light in a medium is dependant on refractive index which itself is a function of temperature.

HTH
              OMG you mean the speed of light is not constant for all observers in all frames of reference?

Comment

OMG you mean the speed of light is not constant for all observers in all frames of reference?
                The speed of light is only a constant in a vacuum.

FFS, kids.

Comment

use oracle?
                  McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                  Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

buy a mac?

Comment

Working...
                    X