• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That will sort it...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That will sort it...

The budget airline, easyJet, has scrapped free tea and coffee for cabin crew.

Crews have been told that they will have to bring their own beverages on board – even though the airline will still allow them to use the plane's hot water.

The move is the latest reflection of the downturn in the aviation industry which has seen airlines cutting unprofitable routes in an attempt to make savings.

Last November the airline reported a 45 per cent fall in profits, largely because of the soaring cost of aviation fuel during the summer.

At the time Sir Stelios Haji-Ioannou, the airline's founder, warned that savings would have to be made and his proposals included scrapping orders for new planes.

An easyJet spokesman confirmed that economies were also expected from the airline's staff.

"It is true we are scrapping free tea and coffee," a company spokesman said. "At a time when life is pretty difficult we have to tighten our belts and everybody has to make sacrifices."

The economies were condemned by Steve Turner, Unite's national secretary for civil aviation, who described the company's plans as "penny pinching".

"Unite has rejected these proposals. We expect meaningful discussions with a view to maintaining our members conditions," he said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...nd-coffee.html

-------

Question is: are easyJet proper fscked, or is this just a Ryan Air-esque 'charge-for-toilets' publicity stunt?
    Cats are evil.

They'll be banning uniforms next !!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
      They'll be banning uniforms next !!
      So the stewardesses will crew in bra and pants ?

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        I've yet to see an easyjet stewardess I would like to see in her bra and pants. Bunch of munters.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
          The budget airline, easyJet, has scrapped free tea and coffee for cabin crew.

"Penny wise Pound foolish "..

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          Thats what a real out of the box strategy for 'cost cutting'... Looking forward to it on my way back to Stanstead....

Comment

Originally posted by scaramanga View Post
            I've yet to see an easyjet stewardess I would like to see in her bra and pants. Bunch of munters.
            BMI is the same.

KLM is the best for tottie - or Air France.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubber View Post
              BMI is the same.

KLM is the best for tottie - or Air France.
              Singapore Airlines deserve an honourable mention in that list.

Comment

Originally posted by scaramanga View Post
                "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                  Singapore Airlines deserve an honourable mention in that list.
                  May I add JAL to the list..... Mmmmmmm......

Comment

Originally posted by Tensai View Post
                    May I add JAL to the list..... Mmmmmmm......
                    I'd like to nominate Virgin Blue in Australia.

If there was ever a policy of selection by erection then this was it
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                    X