• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NHS free at point of delivery for everyone?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NHS free at point of delivery for everyone?

The Hospital

I really don't mind drunken teenagers getting a stomach pump etc but I don't understand how anyone can turn up for treatment and abuse the people who are there to help??

It's as if they've given up responsibility for themselves and they believe it's their right to be looked after no mater what situation they get themselves in... turf em' out and teach em' a lesson I say.

That doctor didn't look too happy about her obligation.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

**** em I say.

A&E should have bouncers, the second you get arsey, they are turfed out the door.
    Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
      **** em I say.

A&E should have bouncers, the second you get arsey, they are turfed out the door.
      Many hospitals have that policy. Of course, they've cut back on the number of security staff who could enforce it in order to ensure they have sufficient quantities of middle management, and the Police will be too busy killing homeward-bound newsagents to get there.

I always liked that moment in Only Fools and Horses when Del Boy decked that git who was hurling abuse at the staff in A&E

Comment

Watched this with Mrs MM last night.

We're of the opinion that there are a lot of stupid, selfish, disrespectful people in the UK.

Is it any different anywhere else?
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          Watched this with Mrs MM last night.

We're of the opinion that there are a lot of stupid, selfish, disrespectful people in the UK.

Is it any different anywhere else?
          Ummm, yes - most other places I've worked in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
            Ummm, yes - most other places I've worked in Europe.
            I went with my then wife to A&E in a town in France on a Saturday night. You wouldn't believe the difference: no drunks, no toilet smells, no implied violence in the air (or explicit violence bleeding all over the place), NO QUEUE, just quiet sympathetic staff and we just want to do a few more tests, etc.

Comment

Perhaps drunk people should be charged for using A&E?
              Anyway the NHS is the elephant that will finally bankrupt the country, if Gordon's debts don't do the job first.
              No other country in the world has a centrally managed health care system that is free for all.

Maybe its worth a thread of it's own.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Anyway the NHS is the elephant that will finally bankrupt the country, if Gordon's debts don't do the job first.
                No other country in the world has a centrally managed health care system that is free for all.
                As MD in Private Eye usually says - "The NHS is admired around the world, but it is never copied."

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                  I went with my then wife to A&E in a town in France on a Saturday night. You wouldn't believe the difference: no drunks, no toilet smells, no implied violence in the air (or explicit violence bleeding all over the place), NO QUEUE, just quiet sympathetic staff and we just want to do a few more tests, etc.
                  I think the key words are - no drunks

It's the binge drinking culture - the scallys get pissed, scrap and end up in A&E where the poor staff have to deal with them.
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                    I cut my fingers badly when working nightsift as a butcher (it was christmas).

When I eventually got my fingers stitched at 4 in the morning the junior doctor told me I was the first person to come in for treatment since 10 the previous night sober. Staff take a speekstake on it.

Comment

Working...
                    X